Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand Lift Passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads, hope someone can answer this for me. We're off to Chinaillon next weekend, and I'm trying to buy our lift passes for Le Grand Bornand area online from http://pass.ski-legrandbornand.com. Ignoring the fact that it's a really rubbish website, it seems to only give 1 option for picking up passes in resort - The Bureau des Remontées, Place de L'église. I can't tell if this is in Le Grand Bornand or Chinaillon, and definitely don't want to faff about going between villages on our first morning, we just want to grab the passes and go. Does anyone know if I could actually pick up passes from any ticket desk? Or are we just better buying them in the resort on the Sunday morning anyway?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I didn't have any queues or any problems just turning up at the ticket booth last March. There are a few ticket booths lined up along the main road in chinaillion. Unless you can get a big discount online I'd just turn up at the ticket office.
Lovely resort! We had poor snow last year and still had a great time, so you should have lots of fun!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi - the bureau you mention is in the village square at the bottom of the valley (far right of the LGB piste map) It's very convenient if you are driving to Chinaillon as it's opposite the second of two ways of getting onto the access road up to Chinaillon. I can give you better directions if you are in a car. It's not so simple if you are getting some sort of coach/taxi transfer to Chinaillon and passing though LGB when the office isn't open. In that case easier to buy slopeside. Lots of booths, easy to spot and probably no queing next weekend. Same price too. See you on the slopes!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey, Sorry can't help on the question

BUT, 6 of us are flying out next Saturday the 21st, staying in Le Grand Bornand
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. We are getting a transfer direct to Chinaillon, so sounds like it's probably easier just to pick up passes in resort. Been checking out the webcams and it doesn't look crowded just now, even for a weekend. Can't wait now, looks like there could be a fresh dump of snow next weekend too Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes buy in Chinaillon either from the office de tourisme which is on the main road opposite the Spar shop or at the base of the main lift which is called the Floria. It depends where you are staying as to which is most convenient. We ski there a lot and love it. Happy to provide any other info
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks loatie, we're in Residence de Lessy, which I think is near the Spar?
Any other local knowledge gratefully received, good places to eat etc? My partner is looking to build her confidence on skis on greens & blues. I'm a snowboarder, happy on any blues but obviously want to be with her & get the best out of the resort, so any recommendations for greens/blues with minimal to no flat sections would also be good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, above the Spar and opposite the tourist office. The Twinner sports shop right under your apartment is good for any gear you need and speak good english. The lift system in the residence can be confusing initially but its a great place to stay. Just remember there are 2 lifts on each floor and the 'red' lift goes directly from the top to the bottom of each chalet and the other lift stops on each floor within the chalets.
Greens criss-cross the resort so its good for beginners but not too flat. We had beginners with us at Christmas who got on very well. Most of the blues are nice and wide and you can ski in the sun all the time if you want. In the summer its all pasture land so its rolling and undulating rather then scary steep.
Plenty of mountain huts to choose but the Taverne and Duche are lovely if the suns out and not too expensive.
The Hotel L'Alpage is the best value restaurant in our opinion, and its located on the left hand side of the high street if you turn left out of the Village de Lessy, up some steps opposite the Hotel Cremaillere (nice but more money). The owner of the Alpage is a very nice lady called Chantal Masson who also speaks very good english. You may need to reserve a table to be on the safe side.
You will see the Bournerie restaurant directly opposite the Village de Lessy, actually on the slopes but you can also access it by foot and work up an appetite going up the steps! It is very atmospheric with a huge log fire and rustic interior - we go there for special occasions.
Hope you have a great time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers loatie, a wealth of info there, much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flat runs... from what I remember from last year

Les Violettes - an easy green but pretty flat so not good for boarders
Same as La Sapiniere, still too flat

I'm out this Saturday for a week with 5 other boarders, snowforecast is looking pretty impressive for our arrival
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers snowscreen, will try and avoid those. Reckon I'm up to about 3 times a day on checking the snow forecast now, it's looking good Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy