Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

how do u combat post holiday depression?

Poster: A snowHead
Help guys, because it's kickin my ass at the moment. And don't say go on another! That's not allowed Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The thing is.........one of me best mates got appendicitis and missed most of the trip ( I feel so sorry for him coz he lives for this). We still had a great time because the quality of people in our 10 is top notch. The chalet people were in tears coz we were leaving. Quality holiday all round. Back to the big smoke. Work. Weather. normal issues. Aaaarggh! gimme the mountains anyday!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Withdrawal is a B***h!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lifes a bitch sometimes innit Phil!
Anyways.-Plan the next 1 always helps.
Watch lots of films/dvds .
Play computer games.(Bignell does it that way)
Masterbate,helps for about 10-15 mins but problem will always come back(Fnarr Fnarr!)
Drink heavily.This however does not help liver or bank balance.
Drugs.......too dear & my dealer has been banged up (Joke before you call the police!)
Have fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh go on.....book another one.......I did......3 days to go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where now Lorraine? You were very mysterious on the resort forum! Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've had 2 weekends and I'm just back from Val Thorens. I'm making plans for another weekend. I'm also going to visit my wife's sister in the States for 3 weeks in April. Conveniently she lives about an hour away from a large mountain. Very Happy

My advice would be to book another long weekend or preferably another week. You'd never forgive yourself if you don't. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Simon, Richies back today so I will chat to him about our 2nd trip! Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry didn't mean to be mysterious. We are going to Meribel (did VT at new year). Hope to explore Meribel and Courcheval a little more.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just getting my name all the way down on all threads.
Courcheval nice,but dear.Got a nice piccy of it from Champagny (La Plagne).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You are not wrong £4 for a pint of bitter, thought my husband was going to have heart failure when he was told the price of his round!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OUCH Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Phillip: I get out the photos. Go through them yourself. Show them to everyone who comes round. Post them on the web for all your mates to see (e.g. http://www.webphotos.com/): too easy of you're digital, but a wonderful drawn out process of you gotta scan prints in. Get your friends to send you all their pictures. Send photos to http://www.skicardiff.com/photos/default.asp to help other snowheads going cold turkey. And if you are really sad (like me) make a powerpoint presentation of your Snowtime and send it to all the guys you went with. Send one to Aunty Bertha to make sure she don't forget your birthday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jonpim - even I haven't made a Powerpoint presentation of my holiday snaps Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian, we've (rather 'he has') even set them to music!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, thanks guys, now I have evidence with which to persuade Mrs H that I am actually quite normal Very Happy

Lorraine - what sort of music?
ski holidays
No,i don't believe thats normal.........Maybe a DVD ,but not a Powerpoint presentation though. TAXI! Wink
snow conditions
Philip Prior, ... Take up boarding on grass! It's a growing sport, more popular than the one I do in fact (grass skiing)....
ski holidays
PG, okay... thats taking it just a little too far.... whats the apre grass like ? Laughing
latest report
Kind of... you know... well, sort of.... what were we talking about? Wink
snow conditions
pass the chocolate fudge brownies Little Angel
snow report
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Well, thanks guys, now I have evidence with which to persuade Mrs H that I am actually quite normal Very Happy

Lorraine - what sort of music?

Allsorts , Coldplay, fleetwood Mac, eminem whatever suits the pics!
snow report
As long as Allsorts aren't a band then all of those feature somewhere in my collection! Cool What sort of holiday pics go with eminem: "Here we are being mugged"?
ski holidays
powder?

These moments come once in a lifetime bro!
ski holidays
We had all of our group (Cool round for dinner the day after we got back, drank lots of red wine and looked at photos etc. It was a top night. Also, bought a car about a week after we got back, then got engaged, then set date for wedding!!!!! All within a week or two. Well at least we are going to Lake Louise.
snow conditions
its not usually the post-holiday depression that gets me, its the time about now when its almost time, but not quite. 2 months to go. im itching for it to snow, terrified that it might not be very good snow when i get there, and everynight lying in bed kicking my legs in anticipation of linking some gorgeous carved turns...
snow conditions
dnc, I'm right with you on this. I always suffer from severe Pre-Holiday Anxiety. Right now it is being compouded by extreme Snow Envy.
Last week continental conditions were awful and I was concerned there might not even be snow in January. Large doses of wine and beer were needed to keep functioning. When things got really bad I even resorted to chocolate. I consoled myself that at least I wasn't one of those silly sods going out for Christmas.
Now the snow is pouring down. The silly sods are now the smug ones. Time to open another box of chocolates. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy