Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St anton area/arlberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are looking to go to this area and i have a question on the piste map.

it seems to show that the area is split into 3 self contained areas
1) anton,christoph & stuben(rendle)
2) Zurs lech Oberlech Zug
3) and a very small area of sonenenkopf/Klosterie.

I may be wrong on this but it is how the map appears to me.

so my question is if i am correct on the 3 areas how do you ski between the 3 specific areas or do you need a bus connection which if required i would assume is a free one

hope that makes sense.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus or taxi
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bus - or the offpiste on the back of the Valluga (for Zurs/Lech etc).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, thanks for your input..pleased your not a school teacher - or maybe you are......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pauljames wrote:
bertie bassett, thanks for your input..pleased your not a school teacher - or maybe you are......

Eh? He answered your question, why be a dick about it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
eh? He answered your question, why be a dick about it?

Presumably he was [understandably] paranoid about someone trying to correct his woeful grammar?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
By snowheads standards it's actually pretty good Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pauljames, As others have said you can get a free bus, post bus, taxi or off piste. If you're staying in st Anton you can ski to alpe rauz and bus is only 10 mins to zurs and 15 to lech. If you ski all way down to stuben the buses are less frequent. It's never any hassle
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pauljames wrote:

I haven't skied st. Anton since 2007 - since then there's things have been changed such as the rendl base station being moved closer to the Glazigbahn and I think they might have changed where the buses depart from to accommodate. I didn't feel I could provided detailed input into your question so I left that for others but at least I answered the basic point

No I am not a teacher - I get to ski outside peak times

Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett, thanks for the additional detail.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Best way to get to Lech/Zurs is to go up Galzig (St Anton) ski over to run 17, go all the way to the bottom (Valfagrbahn) then catch a local bus to Zurs. Get one of the chairs on the left to the top then take the Madloch chair to the top of ski route 33 (I think that is the no.) you then have a great run down into Lech and it doesn't cost you a penny extra. Before you go down to Lech take a few of the reds at Zurs, they're brilliant.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Buses. Either catch the bus from the bus station in St Anton, I think the number might be 91 or 92. It's €3.60ish each way.

Or Ski to Alpe Rauz, behind Galzig, beyond St Cristophe, which is a bit of a faff to get to as there's no direct route, and get the blue free bus which is like travelling third class on an Indian train, but worse.

To get to Sonnenkopf, ski to Alpe Rauz, keep on going to Stuben, and then catch the free bus from outside the Town Hall.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the replies and hopefully the infomation you all provided will be of use to many people. Despite our best made plans an alternative deal came up in a chalet in Les arcs 2000 which was to good to refuse so off there in a few weeks time.

once again thanks for your replies.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy