Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone off to ADH with Take Me To (SKI)?

Poster: A snowHead
Because they might not have any staff.

Le Dauphine
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard, sounds grim.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I saw them at the ski show and I wasn't very impressed then TBH - I hope no-one is left out of pocket - I would question, based on this article, whether they are even properly bonded as an operator.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like they have accommodation in Tignes too. I won't post the link, don't want to attract more traffic.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The link has gone Sad What did it say?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, no but what happened? We considered them for New Year Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you need to copy and paste the whole of the link - including the non blue bit in brackets and be able to speak French Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, or use google translate Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well as luck would have it- I can!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Google translate says:

As the crew of a cargo dock, abandoned by his owner in a distant country, dozens of people waiting patiently in the hotel as well, hoping to see the dust settle ...
Since the beginning of the season, the hotel owned by a local family is leased to an English tour operator, which ensures full exploitation. This company, "Phoenix Holidays Ltd", a subsidiary of "Take Me Too", then proceeds to recruit employees. The problem is that these employees are employees of the name: only the director and his assistant signed a vague employment contract.
Worse, the vast majority of people working here since the beginning of the season have not been paid.
"I started on December 18, but I am still a work contract, as my colleagues," Benoit shows Aubrun, employed as a butler. "He would be so easy in 24 hours, let us know sent by mail, but they tell us in essence that UK law does not oblige us to make these documents! We are not going to do and we expect to be regularized. I complained to the police in company of a dozen other people. "
Tuesday, the police it is actually mixed. Along with the URSSAF, the Labour Inspectorate, the DDPP (Departmental Directorate of protecting the population) and the anti-fraud unit of the South-Isère, the police station of Huez spent establishing in detail.
And found violations of the regulations on hygiene and the non-compliance with labor laws. 45 employees have been victims of undeclared work (no contract, no payment and therefore not reporting to government). The file was forwarded to prosecutors for consideration of Grenoble.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
The link has gone Sad What did it say?

Try this instead - http://bit.ly/yat2NR
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think their latest news story is enough to put anyone off if they have a clue about the real conditions...

We are all waiting with bated breath for more news about this season's snow conditions. We have had a poor start to the season with less than anticipated snowfall.

http://www.takemetoski.co.uk/latestnews.php

Good luck to all the staff and customers
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wigan, that's just hilariously pants. Laughing Laughing

Gist: they have been trying to rip French staff off for the same deal British seasonnaires put up with, and on top of that failing to pay them or provide contracts. Said staff have obviously gone to the gendarmerie, who piled in en masse with URSSAF, the Inspection du Travail and the Service Vet in tow.

The Dauphiné's report reckons Take Me To (SKI) (or Phoenix Hoidays, or whoever they're claiming to be) are about to be smacked for food hygiene offences, failing to provide contracts of work, failing to pay staff and not making the necessary declarations to the tax/secu authorities.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, Shame. That hotel actually looks quite decent and well placed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarah, I stayed there a few years ago and it was.
ski holidays
Just been reading Snow Reports for ADH and it seems SH Skola is/was working for them Sad Sounds bad http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82912&start=80

Scroll down to his post Sat at 22.56
ski holidays
I thought this at the beginning - but now think its surely a valid case to put this thread on The Piste - pretty please
snow conditions
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=85085#1953679

This thread is in the piste - one unlucky guy who lost his holiday. Sad
ski holidays
Google translate does produce some gibberish, doesn't it? Nous n’allons pas nous laisser faire = We are not going to do Laughing

Fair enough; translation is far too complicated for a computer. But using Google Translate for anything other than a laugh could be dangerous.
snow report
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd share my experience on this. I've also booked a holiday through Take Me To Ski for 4 people leaving on 4th March to go to the Hotel Les Grande Rousses for a week.

After being informed about the situation this morning by my brother (an avid skier and internet forum trawler) it is indeed true that part of the company is in administration. I spoke to a girl at Take Me To Ski this afternoon and she has informed me that 'Phoenix Holidays' is the part of the company that has gone bust and not themselves. Therefore after confirming my booking number it was still possible to get a refund. To all those trying to get through to Take Me To Ski and do the same I recommend you try this number as it worked for me: 01452 886279.

I've been told I will be receiving a refund in 7 days (best case scenario) which is better than nothing I guess so will let you know how I get on.

Hope this helps
James
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Google translate does produce some gibberish, doesn't it? Nous n’allons pas nous laisser faire = We are not going to do Laughing

Fair enough; translation is far too complicated for a computer. But using Google Translate for anything other than a laugh could be dangerous.

For casual translation, GT is fine.

And it will only get better over time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy