Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked it today – We’re going Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After two weeks of research and annoying the good people of Snow Heads I have finally booked next years ski holiday.

It’s not cheap, it’s not going to be quiet in resort, but next New Year’s Eve we will be enjoying a fun family week in Les Gets. I know we are paying top whack but we got some discounted kid places, the Nursery is booked and we have the ideal accommodation for a family. Peace of mind has been purchased I guess.

Many thanks to all of you for your valued advice, comments, and shared experience. It is not taken for granted and us wannabe good skiers appreciate the help of those that have flattened the snow ahead of us.

I will, as last time, provide a report in 12 months time on the resort, tour operator, and accommodation. Until then I will no doubt bother you all with more daft questions.

Thanks again, Mike.

p.s. bring on the Snow (in 11 month stime pease) Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[b]Mike-H[/b good choice, nice little town with some lovely skiing. Just hope there is decent snow, you should be fine though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike-H, get ski school booked. Now.

(Really, honestly, don't hesitate.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh, and well done!

(I'm not kidding about getting ski school booked!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike - i've prob forgot - are you going off anywhere thsi year ? or have you already been ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
echo what FlyingStantoni, has said on the ski school front.
Its just lovely here right now!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sev112, Not this year. House extension. Killing me.
FlyingStantoni, Which one is good for beginners. How much will it cost for couple of hours in morning? Thinking we may do a few lessons at start of week and the just do our own thing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike-H, the following are all good:

- Alpine Learning Curves (ALC) - www.alpinelearningcurves.co.uk (65 euros an hour)
- The Snow Institute (TSI) - www.thesnowinstitute.co.uk - based in Morzine, but will do lessons in Les Gets (£110 for 2 hours)
- BASS Les Gets - www.britishskischool.com/les_gets (£70 an hour)
- Les Gets Snowsports (LGS) - www.skischool.co.uk (148 euros for two hours)

Prices are for one person. A surcharge will apply for second person.

You may have problems getting BASS or LGS to run something for a couple of hours for just a few days as it's peak season and they can sell group lessons more profitably.

ALC and TSI will be the most flexible.

I've had lessons and/or done training with all of these except LGS. All have good reputations.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike-H, I can recommend LGS, we've had them for random private lessons, most recently at the end of December. I booked back in April Shocked

Also http://www.ecoledeski360.com/coursgetsgb.html though at that time of the season their private lessons will generally be in the middle of the day outside of group times.

Hopefully we'll be there at New Year too Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy