Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal customers - API?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just wondering whether or not anyone who has booked up with Crystal this year has had to fill in their API (advance Passenger Information) online?

I have had to do this on previous summer holidays however there is nothing in the tickets.

Thanks for any info as I am simply trying to avoid any potential problems at the Airport.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just come back from La Plagne with Crystal and we didn't have to fill anything in.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You should email them with your booking reference and see what they say.

I has a similar experience with Thomson (also TUI) and the answer in this case was that they collect the API stuff at check-in rather than via their website.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm off with Crystal tomorrow to La Plagne from Bristol, I haven't completed any additional info nor have I been asked to since my actual booking. The original booking (8mths ago)did include info such as passport details etc that one normally finds in API.

I also had a phone call two days ago from Ben The Crystal Rep from our resort asking if there was anything he could do for us in the interim to make our arrival and stay better. really nice touch, he has promised to sort a couple of things discussed. I've never had that from any other TO.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we didnt have to do it either ( last week)

also last 4 trips we have had email /phone comms with the crystal reps - I think its a good idea and with
comms so easy these days not exactly painfull

We filled out and sorted all the childcare stuff before we left, and even got request for Peanut butter
as they could not get any !! ( happy to oblidge them on that )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we didnt have to do it either ( last week)

also last 4 trips we have had email /phone comms with the crystal reps - I think its a good idea and with
comms so easy these days not exactly painfull

We filled out and sorted all the childcare stuff before we left, and even got request for Peanut butter
as they could not get any !! ( happy to oblige them on that )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Didn't have to do it for AdH before Xmas.

Even if it is required, this can be done at the airport (unless you're travelling to the US, as tickets can't be issued without this info).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off to Andorra with the snowdome and it's booked with Crystal.

I asked them the same question and was told they'll do the API there and not to worry.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm a regular traveller with Crystal and I've never had to do this. It's standard for one of the reps to phone you a few days before departure to answer any last minute questions.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As API is mandatory...someone,somewhere is doing it.Now,either they are gathering the info at checkin(when scanning your passport),or you fill out a form prior to travel(like Easyjet),it is happening.
Have just travelled with Crystal,having booked through a travel agent...and they sent us a form to complete(the agent that is..nothing from Crystal)

Clearly its a broken system.The whole idea is that it is 'in advance'...but clearly a lot of it is being done at checkin Confused Bit late if there is a passport problem?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowskisnow wrote:
As API is mandatory...someone,somewhere is doing it.Now,either they are gathering the info at checkin(when scanning your passport),or you fill out a form prior to travel(like Easyjet),it is happening.
Have just travelled with Crystal,having booked through a travel agent...and they sent us a form to complete(the agent that is..nothing from Crystal)

Clearly its a broken system.The whole idea is that it is 'in advance'...but clearly a lot of it is being done at checkin Confused Bit late if there is a passport problem?

Airlines like to collect in advance as it "speeds up airport check-in", which in turn means less staff on the desks for them. The only place you truly need to provide in advance is for the US. They like to perform security checks in advance. For example, if you name matched that of a known terriorist you'd be singled out. To avoid this, you would need to apply for a redress number via the US embassy to prove you aren't a terrorist like your namesake.

Regards

Richard Reid
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boosterfaceman wrote:

Regards

Richard Reid

The Shoebomber is posting on snowHeads about airport security! Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowskisnow wrote:
As API is mandatory..

does anyone know what the gov does with it - apart from leaving it on a CD on a bus somewhere on the outskirts of norwich..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, Laughing
I bet it's all filed with the records of your phone calls, text messages and sat nav routes Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
API isn't worthless. Why do you think you sometimes see uniformed Police Officers waiting for specific people to get off flights?
snow report
Hurdy wrote:
API isn't worthless. Why do you think you sometimes see uniformed Police Officers waiting for specific people to get off flights?

cos like mr. terrorist is going to fill it out with all his real details...

It's on a par with the question on the US landing card about moral turpentine..
snow conditions
jirac18 wrote:

I also had a phone call two days ago from Ben The Crystal Rep from our resort asking if there was anything he could do for us in the interim to make our arrival and stay better. really nice touch, he has promised to sort a couple of things discussed. I've never had that from any other TO.

mm sounds like he was on the cadge for bacon, cheddar cheese or marmite.........take him something nice for sorting out whatever it is he is sorting out
snow conditions
Quote:

cos like mr. terrorist is going to fill it out with all his real details...

It's on a par with the question on the US landing card about moral turpentine..

Trolling so early in the morning?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy