Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coe Cup

Poster: A snowHead
Are there any snowheads heading to Glencoe for the Coe Cup on the 3rd and 4th March. We've got Fred Syversen and Jeremy Nobis judging. Would be great to see some snowheads compete.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dot., will defo be heading up for the event. Still trying to pluck up the courage to enter though. I'm definitely not good enough to be anywhere near the top, but I reckon I could compete for some G.N.A.R. points Laughing

I also have the family ski holiday the following weekend so would be skiing cautiously... recipe for disaster.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, hope you've entered. Have some top prizes now. www.coecup.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly wrote:
I'm definitely not good enough to be anywhere near the top, but I reckon I could compete for some G.N.A.R. points Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Skiing naked whilst talking to your Mother on the phone scores quite well apparently.... Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chasseur, yup Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shoogly, have you entered?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How are conditions looking on the face for the competition? Any updates?

Thinking of heading up for a slide later this week perhaps and will report back. Which part of the face is the competition on, as I am not sure where the Flypaper run is and whether you are meaning skiers left or onlookers. Is it the shaded area on picture(ie the main spur down the middle of the bowl)?

edit - my image isn't loading up because photobucket sucks!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Intuit, join up on the Facebook page, they're putting updates of the conditions up on there:

http://www.facebook.com/CoeCup

I'm in and will be up there from Friday.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
meh, yup, just saw the updated pic of Ballies Gully on the facebook page, thanks. Getting stoked for the competition now! Twisted Evil

Is an amazing effort to get the amount of sponsors and the high profile judging panel together. Proper wee freeride comp in Scotland, massive thanks and congratulations to Dot. for making it all happen.

Fingers crossed for a little dusting of white stuff between now and next wkend. Will maybe see you up there next week as it seems that resort is on lock down for the rest of this week due to the high winds, which has scuppered my plans for a midweek scope!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's the Friday before the comp. Direct flights to/from Iceland into Glasgow are only on Thursdays so I'm in country for a week. I need to shift stuff out of my ex-girlfriends parents place in D&G afterwards but if anyone is up for some skiing later in the week I've got nothing better to do. Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Keeping a close eye on how fast the snow is melting Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dot., really feel for you after all the hard work! Praying to the snow gods for you but that high pressure doesn't look like shifting any time soon
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We currently have enough snow on the competition face but the further thaw expected on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is likely to mean that there is no ski in, ski out access from the face. This in itself isn’t a problem as competitors could walk but it creates problems for safe evacuation as ski patrol would have difficulty getting a sledge in and out and piste machine access to the base of the slope is likely to become increasingly difficult. With a positive long term forecast for more snow in March and hopefully some more settled weather the difficult decision has been made to re-schedule the event until the weekend of the 24th and 25th March. The draw has been re-opened so still time to enter as we appreciate that there may be a few competitors that can’t make the re-scheduled date.

bug!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've booked a round of golf for the 3rd, upsetting Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sad
latest report
Sad
ski holidays
Anyone at the Coe cup overy the weekend.

I'm just back from the alps so have missed it this year. Any news on placing? Have seen some very good pics on the facebook site but would like more info from today.

Nice to return to some snow Very Happy
snow report
shoogly wrote:
Anyone at the Coe cup overy the weekend.

I'm just back from the alps so have missed it this year. Any news on placing? Have seen some very good pics on the facebook site but would like more info from today.

Nice to return to some snow Very Happy
Yes - was at Coe Cup last w/e - was awesone - MALE and FEMALE got two runs in and on the first day FLYPAPER was pristine under 30cm of fresh powder. Dave Biggin won overall but there are results up on the Snowsport Scotland website.

Now REALLY looking forward to the "CORRIES CHALLENGE" in just under 2 weeks on 30th March - The first Freeride event to take place in Back Corries at the Nevis Range - Looks like it'll be amazing .... I think this is the entry form link... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlUTzBKWWg4ZktRMERJTHQwM0owS3c6MA#gid=0 snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy