Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Isola 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be in Isola 2000 for a week from Saturday 18 Jan, followed by a few days in nearby Auron.

Glad to hear from any other snowHeads who will be there at the same time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ccl, I skied there about 20 years ago, really enjoyed it. Surreal that you land at the airport with palm trees and soon after you're surrounded by snow.

Enjoy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've no intention of doing it, but it is possible to ski in the morning and have a dip in the Med in the afternoon.

This will be our 5th visit since buying a timeshare week there. The ski area is attractive and largely undemanding which suits us fine as we head into the more "mature" years of our skiing. The resort centre itself is less than attractive. The idea of putting all the shops etc into an interior shopping mall seems pretty sound, but it means there is no street with any of the character that is provided by bright lights, shops, cafes etc. Some good restaurants and a pleasing lack of yahoo Brits. All in all we have grown quite fond of it.

A highlight we look forward to is the deckchair facing the late afternoon sun and the cup of vin chaud and slab of rather nice tart or cake at a piste-side café (the name of which I forget, these being the more "mature" years of my memory).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

it is possible to ski in the morning and have a dip in the Med in the afternoon.

Damn cold dip, in January. wink

Nice to hear something about Isola. How about some pictures, ccl? We drove up from the coast for a visit, some years ago, one day in February, when the coastal area was covered in mimosa. We had some warm clothes but weren't skiing - took a lift up, had a coffee, had a little walk.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some pictures here pam w,
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1446180&highlight=isola+2000#1446180
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ccl, nice snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here we are then for our fifth visit to Isola and while I have always loved (and still do) going to new resorts and skiing new territory, there is something quite satisfying about familiarity. Knowing our apartment, the welcome from the concierge, knowing where the shops are, taking a piste map in my pocket but knowing it wouldn't likely be taken out again all week, that sort of thing. It started snowing on Saturday about an hour before we hit the mountain road - I have mentioned in another thread my great delight in our new Autosocks, so easy to put on and faultless in negotiating us up and round many tight snow-covered hairpins. It carried on snowing through Sunday and right on till this morning, so the area has been greatly refreshed (the last snowfall prior to this was 2 Jan).

Yesterday we didn't ski. I think there is something of an age thing going on here, a certain reluctance to go out in all weathers, a fading of that Scottish thing about getting maximum value from our lift passes and a sense that having skied in the most horrific overhead and underfoot conditions ( we are originally Cairngorm skiers, need I say more), we don't have anything to prove. Today the wind eased off and the snow thinned out but even so the visibility, not helped by goggles freezing up, was such that we enjoyed a somewhat shortened day. It is always so annoying, isn't it, to have this lovely new fluffy snow under your skis and have to hold back a bit because you can't see well. But an enjoyable outing, including our usual stop off for lunch at La Valette, the only mountain restaurant I know of that keeps a donkey below its verandah.

Tomorrow's forecast is still mixed. We should certainly get some skiing in, but alas we are unlikely to be sipping an afternoon vin chaud in deck chairs facing the setting sun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy