Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decathlon sale bargains

Poster: A snowHead
I've just popped into Decathlon at Canada Water (London) to see what's available.

Best bargains are to be had on skis with reductions of up to 50%.

Pick of the reductions are:

Freeride
Rossi S3 - £449.99 reduced to 269.99

All Mountain
Dynastar Outland 83 - £399.99 reduced to £249.99
Head Experience 83 - £499.99 reduced to £299.99
Rossi Temptation 82 - £479.99 reduced to £289.99

Piste
Head Icon TT Comp - £399.99 reduced to £199.99
Dynastar Exclusive Active Pack - £349.99 reduced to £219.99
Wedze APOP - £199.99 reduced to £139.99 (they have Salomon bindings, so are probably made by them)

All prices include bindings. I've only listed skis that have a good reduction and a reasonable amount of stock.

I've got a pair of S3s and they're an absolute bargain at that price.

If anyone needs gloves then they have loads of Salomon Goretex gloves £49.99 reduced to £29.99.

It's not worth going for boarding stuff as the reductions are only around 20%.

Slim pickings also in the clothing section, although they have children's clothes up to 50% off. The kids clothes are in "unpopular" colours - so purple is reduced, but pink isn't.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 12-01-12 22:07; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for letting us know. Will go have a look as I work at Canary Wharf.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hadn't heard about it till now so I swung by tonight to check it out. It's a big place, catering to almost any sport you've heard of (and some you've probably not!). Useful for picking up a few bits and bobs like hats, glove liners, ski bags, etc. that you really don't mind about the performance of. However, it's generally all on the cheaper end of the scale - more "let's try skiing with the kids to see what it's like" than "grab your probe, we're heading for the backcountry". Still, they had some reasonable atomic skis for knockdown prices, and I also saw some Columbia jackets which aren't bad. Definitely a mix, and quite useful, but no high end kit here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
duncang, don't judge the kit too harshly just because you've not heard of it. Decatholon's own brand kit is generally of quite good quality. It's cheap because they sell shed loads of it. Go to a French resort and half the locals will be in the stuff.

I bought one of their own soft-shell jackets for £19 a the weekend that is nearly identical to a Mamut one I was looking at for £80.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I live right next door to a decathlon and I am obsessed with the place. I pop in for a browse and somehow always come out about £40 lighter loaded up with more camping paraphanalia, bike bits, bags, gym kit etc. Soon I'll have to move house it's so full of decathlon stuff I've accumulated over the past few years or open my own branch!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sophster, why don't you just move in? wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LOL my boyfriend reckons if he had to live in a shop he would choose to live in decathlon (why he was thinking of such a bizarre concept I have no idea).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Decathlon is great,you just need to be selective.Kitted out the kids for years there,never had a problem with quality.Bought myself one of their top end jackets in last years sale,fantastic.Even the logo looks sorta cool against the black colour.Use their gloves,warm and dry,no problem.

Lots of the other gear is also good.We have three different tents of their's.Two Ten Second types(magic),and a big family tent.This thing is superb.Bought at a French outlet,as I was completely racked off with our,then,current tent! Same principle as the 10 second....only it takes a bit longer wink A really helpfull French guy demo'ed it to me,and I bought it.Went back to the campsite,and threw the other one in the bin Evil or Very Mad

Daughter has just outgrown her Decath ski trousers(binned at the end of our recent Austrian trip).She was a bit gutted...best and warmest trousers she's ever had apparantly.3 seasons use at a bargain price.Whats not too like?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got one of the family sized pop up tents from decathlon and it totally rules. It's great to just turn up at a site, peg out the groundsheet and pop up the tent then relax with a nice cold beer watching everyone else struggle with loads of different poles, liners and faffery. Only thing is to practice the putting it down again as you can look a bit of a muppet failing to get it coiled up correctly to put away at the end of the holiday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowskisnow, Decathlon are both shameless copiers (I notice that some of their jackets are laser-cut and welded like Arctyrex), but I also love their wacky innovations.

The gloves you breath into to warm your hands up are both mad and genius. And they work!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
but I also love their wacky innovations.

This cannot be said for the new 'Run Slide' product for kids Skullie The in store video looks great but the things are absolutely lethal, the son had one go on them, I decided he was going to break himself and that was that Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My other half says Decathlon is Toys-r-us for grown ups - we'll go in there for a neck warmer and he'll decide he wants an inflatable kayak or an archery set or a table tennis table...

Never had a problem with quality - their little bits like neck and ear warmers are really good value.

Although, do watch that when you take up a deal, they charge you correctly - a few times, they've charged me incorrectly because the deal isn't programmed into the tills and its down to the staff to remember it...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love a mooch around Decathlon, but there's none up here, so I have to have a very rare fix in France.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Conversely I have had several instances of being charged less than what is on the ticket as well.

Love the place; it was almost like being in heaven when they built one in Reading.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sev112, oooh, I'm off to Reading in a couple of weeks Very Happy
snow conditions
@sarah I saw that video, they looked pretty mad. I wonder if they make them in adult sizes? Definitely lethal! Wink
snow conditions
sarah, Not seen that...but its bound to be a French thing? They seem to have a totally different outlook to kiddy play....zay run,zay fall,zay break....ezz OK Laughing

I love looking around the French outlets,and often come across stuff that never makes it over here.One that I have often been to(Vanette,off the A1)has a large hunting section.They had some bright orange camo jackets that would make a wicked ski jacket,but I never plucked up the courage to buy one Sad They also had some battery powered duck decoys,that paddled around quacking!Really wanted one of those,but the wife blocked that Mad Why do they always spoil our childish fun Sad
ski holidays
Mr jocrad inevitably asks me if he can have a kayak every time we go.....!

Ditto the comments above, they have some really great stuff for reasonable prices. Used their socks, neck warmers, glove liners and many other things for several years now. We have had their own make ski clothing early in our skiing history, no issues with it at all.
snow report
Thanks for the heads up on this.

I've just bought the 168cm Rossi S3s at the Lakeside store.

There was one pair left there when I left at 2.0pm today which were 177cm long? These are 80% off piste 98mm wide under foot and twin tipped.

The bindings are already fitted. Slide the toe binding to match the sole length of your boot, then slide the heel binding to fit your ski boot soles. There are levers "hidden" in the plastic which release the bindings so that you can slide them in the rails.

There were other reduced price skis at lakeside but I didn't take any notice of what they were, I was interested in the Rossi S3s.

If you need to know what DIN setting to set for the bindings do a google search on DIN Settings and there are calculators which work that out for you. I personally use a slightly lower DIN setting than the one the calculator recommends for me.
latest report
welshflyer, they ski remarkably well on piste.

Make sure the forwards pressure is correct by looking at the little "window" on the side of the heel piece. You will see yellow and there should be a black line more or less centred on the window. If the line is at one end or the other then move the heel piece a notch or two.
ski holidays
jocrad, can I have a kayak please?
latest report
duncang, snowskisnow, Laughing

Heads up there is one pair of the S3s left in Stockport in a 178, too short for the OH (as of mid afternoon today), a guy was looking at them but was convinced they were too long for him, told me they need to be short for off piste Laughing .

They had a few pairs of the ladies skis left too the Rossi Temptations in a ?154 and the Dynastar Exclusive Actives in a smiliar length.

There were others too, but all too short for us so we didn't look closely and then there was loads of the entry level stuff.

Boots - they had some ladies Atomic Live fit 70 (I think) for £50, better than hiring for a newbie at that price, only one size though about a 24.

There was a guy about to start his BASI L1 being 'boot fitted', obviously not a SH Laughing

Nothing to note in the clothing really, hardly any branded stuff this season compared to previous seasons, mostly all their own brands. They did have some deals on their own down stuff though and fleeces on a 3 for 2 deal.
latest report
FlyingStantoni, You've had the misfortune to see me ski. I'm roughly your height and weight and a bit less competent. What length S3s should I be looking at? Tempted by something like this as a go anywhere model? Most of the skis I've seen in resort have been priced at € 500+
snow conditions
DJL, I'm on 178s and really love them.

I'm going to Decathlon at Canada Water tomorrow for some stuff and confirm if they have any.
latest report
(And DJL, don't knock your skiing! snowHead)
latest report
DJL, I reckon as long as you are tall(or there-abouts).You'll grow into them...if you see what I mean wink

No idea as to your skiing level but,as a German instructor once said to me....'You must progress' Mad
snow report
FlyingStantoni, you get the same answer as Mr jocrad - no!!

Very Happy
snow report
Quote:
but I also love their wacky innovations.

The gloves you breath into to warm your hands up are both mad and genius. And they work!

A mate of mine works in their huge design/development center in Lille (on bike design). They do work extremely hard at innovating. They have incentives, annual awards for new products etc... They really do promote in house sport and the testing/use of their own products. And they do their best to recruit people with a passion in the sport they'll work on.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great stores, everything you need in one place...however, don't always assume just cause it's in decathalon you won't get it cheaper anywhere else! There aluminium water bottles are £2 more than Go Outdoors along with chalk balls (yes, I climb...badly) being a £1 more. I know it's very little but you do get into the habit of just buying everything from Decathalon when your not alway supporting the cheapest shops. Also at Go Outdoors (starting to sound like an advert for them now!) you can find branded things for just a little more than some of the more questionable own brand items that Decathalon sells.

Not slating them, some great bargains...but also some tat that's not even worth the few quid they are charging!
snow report
FlyingStantoni, Thanks. I'll have a ponder and could drop in there tomorrow if I decide to go for it.
snow conditions
Surrey Quays "live report"...

4 pairs of S3s in 168 only sorry - no 178s

Atomic Colt now on sale £429.99 reduced to £219.99 - 3 pairs 178 and 4 of 171

3 pairs Outland 178 and 1 pair 172

Lots of pairs of TT comp (too many to count without looking like I'm doing a stock take!)

6 pairs Attraxion 3 in 162

1 pair Exclusive Active 158

No Rossi Peak Experience left
snow report
I got to visit a Decathlon last year and loved the place, it is a huge disappointment for me that I have neither a Go-Outdoors or a Decathlon locally. I understand there is a Go-Outdoors somewhere in Basildon (about 12 miles away), but it still requires a specific visit. The closest Decathlon is probably lakeside which is about 30 miles away. Likewise with the discount food stores - the likes of Lidl and Aldi and a TKMaxx these are again 12 miles away in Chelmsford which even less so than Basildon is not a regular destination. I therefore don't get a chance to visit any of these just to browse without making it a morning/afternoon out and there is just not the time for that unless there is something specific that I want to buy - the Lidl newsletter is good for that and I've now signed up for the Go-Outdoors one (though I'm not keen on their pay £4 for a card scheme). There are a certain amount of disadvantages to living in the middle of the countryside 3 miles from our nearest modest town (which doesn't have these nice 'out of town' shopping places). I really envy my BF who has every single store mentioned above within about 3 miles and some as close as 'just around the corner' within about 1/4 mile!! On the other hand I expect my bank account sees the benefit!
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
I got to visit a Decathlon last year and loved the place, it is a huge disappointment for me that I have neither a Go-Outdoors or a Decathlon locally. I understand there is a Go-Outdoors somewhere in Basildon (about 12 miles away), but it still requires a specific visit. The closest Decathlon is probably lakeside which is about 30 miles away.

30 miles is close!!
snow conditions
Megamum, don't worry about the £4 card. Over a year you can save far more, especially as I now get warm clothes for the grand children there. Smile
ski holidays
Freeride
Rossi S3 - £449.99 reduced to 269.99

FlyingStantoni, ssccccrrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaammmmmm!!!
snow conditions
geetee Happy

You have better bindings than the standard package wink

Should be lots of bargains in store when you girls come to visit though...
latest report
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Should be lots of bargains in store when you girls come to visit though...

Happy Happy Happy I love Decathlon

PS Scarecrow booked Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy