Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus advice please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rowlski,
I think the snow levels will be fine, esp. since it now seems it will snow all week. I'm more dispairing at the seemingly non-existing chances for sun, which was one of the reasons we opted to go in March, rather than Februrary. Not so much for myself, but my wife really was looking forward to some sunshine. Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiingDad, hope so! Looks like rain Saturday and Sunday at resort level, then depending on which forecast you look at getting colder but by varying degrees. Some showing sun for next week midweek on but at this distance forecasts still rather changeable. It is the 14 then 13 degrees on Thurs / Fri followed by rain that had been worried about the snow! Whatever it will be good and enjoyable I know though would rather not be skiing in rain.

I know there'll still be plenty on piste, but we rather like having a somewhat white look to the village though my wife is hoping for nice sunny weather all week too! Olny 4 more sleeps Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rowlski wrote:
Another question to those who have been recently, anyone find any cafes/bars with WiFi??
The George has WIFI, as does the bar at the base of the lifts opposite the Dorfbahn Staion and the Lift-ticket office.

Most places have it these days - a couple of the mountain restaurants definately had it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here now & good first day apart from having come down with flu mid last week (real not even man flu Sad) meaning completely wiped out and not able to ski tday, only just able to travel yesterday!

However good fun with the kids up at the Family fun park at top of Komperdell, my 3 year old absolutely loved it Happy Aiming to ski tomorrow, going to give it a go in the morning & just hope my legs & lungs don't give out!!

It was pretty slushy today and the rain falling right now probably not helping but should be nice fresh snow higher up and also down to resort by tomorrow morning so all good. First impressions really good even though I haven't hit the slopes yet. Much busier today than I'd imagine for 1st week in March but apart from home runs the slopes didn't look too crowded.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oofaafuu, thanks, very handily found that our apartments have free WiFi though not advertised so very happy! They also forgot to mention that the Haus is at the top of a VERY steep hill!

SkiingDad, hope you're getting on ok?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rowlski, thanks for the concern. Yes, I'm getting on ok. Didn't have the option of checking the forum while there. (Too busy/ too tired.) Just got back Saturday night/Sunday morning. I hope, you're ok and have had a good week

All in all, it was a succesful week, meaning that our kids loved it and were very sorry to leave. My wife was impressed with the beauty of the alps and really enjoyed the village and our hotel. She enjoyed the skiing as well, so she's all for going again. Either Serfaus again or another resort. This is the real measure of success, of course! Very Happy Another very nice surprise was to see how well my 4-year old son has advanced and did advance during the week. He insisted on trying a red run and loved it enough to want to go again. (unfortunately the Planseggsbahn chose to break down just when we wanted to go up again.) Riding the Dorfbahn to the gondolas and picking up the equipment from the depot was indeed very convenient and relaxing. Smile

However...
- After arriving at Innsbruck airport, we learned that our baggage was in Vienna. Yes, all of it! So we couldn't even rent skis, since we had only our carry-ons and the clothes we came in. The stuff arrived early Monday morning, so we missed only one day of skiing, but still...
- Due to a combination of a) wrong information received, b) an instructor being injured and c) missing our baggage, we weren't able to reserve ski school for my son. He was doing very well indeed, but we had to wait for him a lot and we could have really used it for babysitting purposes.
- The weather... Could it be more typical? Sunshine all week before we arrive and sunshine all week after we leave, but cloudy and snowfall while we're there. Wednesday was terrific, though.
- Unfortunately, my 7-year old daughter is having very serious self-confidence problems on the slopes. She was doing fine at the end of last season and has been keeping up with my speed this season, but now she completely locked up in easy blue runs. This is an old problem that I thought she was over, but it has resurfaced. It is not lack of skill or experience, which she has lots of. In any case, she enjoyed herself, but was restricted in her choice of runs.
- Skis stayed in Frankfurt on the way home, but that was a mere annoyance. They were brought to my doorstep yesterday night.

So I could sum it up saying that most goals were achieved, but lots of room for improvement. I'm probably writing a longer trip report later on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy