Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A party in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in great need of snowhead wisdom.

I'm heading to Val T on a uni ski trip on the 21st and want to do something to celebrate my 21st birthday out there. I'm undecided whether to go for a meal or buy some booze but both are viable options.

That's a bit of the background, now to my questions...

1. Can anyone recommend a few restaurants that would do a two or three course set evening meal and a bottle of wine (house red or white is lovely, no 2000 Margaux for me) per person for around the 40/50 euro mark for 20-30 people.

2.a) Can you buy kegs in Val T? If yes how much, bog standard cheap as chips larger would be ideal.
b) With no realistic place to host a 'kegger' are there bars that would set up some kegs in some dark dingy room and let us run riot?

3. Should I lie to dad and get myself a few bottle of fizz at Folie?

4. Any out the box suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice anything to take the mind from revision is vunderbar...now to look a those webcams for the 27th time today...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simply go to Cafe Snesko, next to the Frog and Roast Beef - it's the best bar in VT without a doubt. It's a guaranteed good night, but maybe not such a good morning/day after......!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gdizzle, a couple of places I liked on a recent visit (both in the secteur du peclet) - was only their for 4 days so I didn't test extensively

the steak club - down from the frog & rosbeef, got some flames outside. http://www.steakclub.fr/v2/ - shame about the level of flash on their website; but quite a chi chi place and I would think nice for a brithday party.

a bit more typically french place - les saints peres in the 'gallerie du peclet' - great for pizza/fondu/raclette and other death by overcheezing. Probably a max off about 40 covers so you should have the run of the place.

off course you could always get the fancy dress out and go to la fondue...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't a bottle of fizz at La Folie Douce about €600? I probably wouldn't go down that route! (Definitely start there for a bit of apres though)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could go for the best!
Val Thorens has one of the best restaurants in the Alps.
The Oxlays run by Jean and Magali Sulpice carries 2 Michelin stars.

Now, if you just turn up, you wont get fed for 50€/head however, contact Magali in advance, tell them you have a group of (whatever you have) and that Graham from snowHeads suggested they might be able to work some magic.
Perhaps a fairly early sitting or maybe lunch and they may well do you 3 courses plus a glass or two of wine each for 50€.
If your birthday is early in the week when they're quieter, all the better.

The food will be artful and the wine excellent: They don't do mediocre.

However anyone with a really heavy appetite might well pick up a kebab on the way home.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, Whoever you are this sounds like an amazing suggestion. Will definitely send them an email. It sounds perfect.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gdizzle wrote:
admin, Whoever you are

He's the guy who run's this place and has organised the odd snowhead's trip or two to Val Thorens - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67092
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, may the admin, be praised. I've already set the ball rolling. That end of season bash thing looks quite fun....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gdizzle wrote:
admin, Whoever you are this sounds like an amazing suggestion. Will definitely send them an email. It sounds perfect.

Hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing

C'mon Graham, get your bio out there! (and get the EoSB12 details published - I want to try this restaurant)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gdizzle wrote:
admin, Whoever you are

If anyone works this out, do please let me know Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My dad poo pood this idea as being "Too formal, not enough booze" maybe I should get him to sign up to this forum and get involved with some of these middle aged to elderly characters here who clearly live (through their keyboard at least) like a 20/21 year old... Twisted Evil

Am now repeating the question from earlier? Any recommendations for fun pubs/restaurants with good grub and cheap booze would be good.

Cheers again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy