Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on advanced instruction?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, I had a couple of hours with Euan Gardiner today as recommended by rob@rar and Steve Angus, and my faith in the value of instruction is restored. Thanks both. I understood more and learnt more than in the last half-dozen lessons combined. And he can ski a bit too Very Happy (To be fair to the esf guys, I now realize that a couple had picked up some the same faults as Euan, but just were far too gentle about getting their point across). But the advice from everyone in this thread is totally sound: find an instructor that you have confidence in, and tell him/her explicitly that you want two hours (or whatever) of detailed technical instruction, demonstration, and plenty of criticism; not fun, not follow me around. Come away with a few key things to work on. And write some notes afterwards so you remember what you were told.
Incidentally, I would highly recommend Euan at any level of skiing. I've much more work and practice to do, but I think I understand what I need to work on now, and that's what I was looking for.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mb34, excellent news! Glad it worked out for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mb34, snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy