Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Birmingham Airport Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Just been looking at airport parking for my forthcoming Ski Amade trip and found £14.99 off-site parking which seems a bit of a bargain. It's for 5 days and offered at both APH at Hams Hall and Airparks at Garretts Green. Anyone got any experiences to relate to either location? The on-site parking is nearly fifty quid so I'd rather not pay that although I don't want anything nasty to happen to my precious new car. The Airparks website says something about not being able to take large items on the transfer bus but lists bikes, surfboards and canoes, no mention of skis.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I personally pay to park at the airport. Less messing about on arrival and when you return. But then I have two kids and I do not need the agro of catching busses with suitcases and pushchairs. You can find discount codes for the NCP which is about 5 mins walk to terminal. I would pay £35 more for convenience and have always found parking at Brum easy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is what I wrote on the Airparks thread
Quote:
Have used Hams Hall (APH) at Brum lots of times. No probs at all with skis, in fact quite often the driver has helped me with my bags. And they're never grumpy, even though it's usually 5.00 in the morning when we're there ...yawn. They're cheap too. If you use them once you get regular discount e-mails too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, thanks looks like the Hams Hall one has a better attitude to skis and luggage. Also much easier for me to get to.

Mike-H, it's just me and luggage so off-site parking and buses is not much of an inconvenience.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, I used to pay up for the on-site too, but since that also involves buses, why not save the cash and use Hams Hall. Went there last year and it was cheap, secure, efficient and friendly. I would not recommend the Airparks place as the woman there got stropy about skis on the bus. We ignored her of course, but unnecessary unpleasantness (at 5 in the morning of course) does nothing for a holiday. Not going Airparks again, but Hams Hall is good.
snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Airparks have got rid of stroppy people now and replaced them with machines (well they have at Luton anyway) Toofy Grin Just the drivers and a couple of spare guys wandering about.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A further vote for Hams Hall. Have used them a few times (only once with skis though I think) and has always been fine. They did get a bit puzzled when I left there car there for a few days while I met up with friends to do the 3 peaks. Took a while for them to realise I wasn't going to have a flight number! But no problem and worked out pretty cheap.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, Have used Hams Hall for a summer trip and have just booked for this weekend as well. Straightforward, easy/quick transfer.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hams Hall it is. Thanks everyone! Very impressed at £14.95 for 5 days parking.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Locals trick for Birmingham airport - park at the train station
Per day rate is much cheaper than the airport, car is under cover in new multistorey, good security + it's only 3 minutes from departures on the monorail
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
janner, yes that is a bit cheaper, £8 per day weekdays and £5 per day at weekends, according to website. But Hams Hall definitely wins on price.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I work about two hundred yards from the Hams Hall one. I haven't parked there but it looks secure enough and very cheap. Just off junction 9 of the M42 its an easy journey to the airport, much easier than the Mackadown Lane one which is further into the city and in a built up area with the traffic problems that can bring.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I used to use Meteor Meet and Greet every week when I lived in the UK. The price is often little more if anything than parking at or near the airport and you drop off and pick up in the short term car park. Particularly good if you have ski's or kids. They are excellent.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corky, thanks. I used to work in Coleshill so I'm sure I'll find my way there with no problems.

downhillalltheway, the quote for Meteor Meet & Greet was £46 which is competitive against on-site parking (£42) but like any sensible person I'd much rather pay £14.95.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
downhillalltheway I've used Meteor too but it really isn't necessary at BHX. As others have said - long term on site parking is walkable to the terminal with wheeled luggage (usually we never get passed by a bus meaning it's quicker too). But as Queen Bodecia says - the price of off site is much lower meaning that iff you don't mind the bus ride (which I hate, especially on return) then there is no need for M&G.

However, at Heathrow, Gatwick or Stansted the M&G option is always worthwhile as the bus rides are much longer.
snow conditions
When you return to BHX the APH courtesy phone is immediately on the right hand side as you go through the doors into the baggage hall (about 20ft down the wall). It is not well signed and easy to miss. Please do not ask (or feed) the Customs Officers as you'll have to walk all the way back down the baggage hall again!!!
snow report
Hurdy, thanks for that. Very useful.
ski holidays
All part of the service! Just remember your £1 coins for the trolly....and don't ask the Customs Officers for one!
snow report
Hurdy, you seem to have gotten rather friendly with the Customs Officers! My holdall has wheels, I don't need a trolley.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy