Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Time Calais to Arc 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snow looks worth while and at short notice flights dont make sense if u dont want to use holiday, proably stay in brides or somewhere, quite easy to get hotel then, on a normal saturday no snow, what time does the traffic grind to a halt? Equally on sunday afternoon would it be still gridlocked by say 4pm?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

on a normal saturday no snow, what time does the traffic grind to a halt? Equally on sunday afternoon would it be still gridlocked by say 4pm?

I suspect the state of traffic on Saturday morning would depend a lot on which Saturday - if it's a holiday changeover day (ie mid Feb/mid March) it will be busy but if you are driving up really early in the morning, should be fine. On a busy changeover day it could be very heavy by mid morning. I'd aim to breakfast in-resort before the lifts open. I'd be inclined to ski all day Saturday, then have a drink and drive down to your hotel around 6 - by which time even the traffic up the hill should be a lot quieter. On Sunday the traffic both up and down will probably depend mostly on how many local day trippers there are - if conditions are really good that could be quite busy, and parking under pressure. Sunday night, after lifts close, if it's one of those busy days the traffic down the mountain could be slow. Might be best to quit a bit early and try to get ahead. If you decide on a specific weekend and destination you could get detailed info here from people who know the particular resort concerned - traffic patterns vary a bit depending on the TO changeover days and the local day trip patterns.

I'd also aim to organise lift passes beforehand - queues for passes are even more frustrating than queues for lifts, I find!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy