Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Boots this evening - Pointers Please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wigan, absolutely nothing wrong with your approach. I always think that Decathlon is a good place to look for a first pair of boots on the same basis - you can pick something up way better than hire boots for about £120-140.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boardban, there's nothing wrong with S&R, except that it can be so hit and miss. I think that they often put people in boots that are slightly too big because it provides instant comfort. I've got personal experience of that.

In general, the closer you get to a "performance fit" then the less you can expect boot fitting to be a one hit process.

At the end of the day it's a choice that you have to consciously make. Do you want instant comfort with the risk that the boot will pack too much. Or do you want the absolutely best performance, but risk it taking 20-odd skiing days for the boot to bed in.

I ski 40-50 days a year outside and another 10+ indoors every year, so in principle I'm prepared to accept the latter. I fully understand why that wouldn't acceptable if you're doing a one week trip.

CEM asks what type of fit you want.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

CEM asks what type of fit you want.

Yep, I had leisure fit, suits my skiing Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Disaster, did you buy your boots? Are you pleased?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went up and got some good info - looks like I need more saving to do though (got a speeding ticket Sad )! So rather than scrimp and not buy what I need gonna go in next month - some good advice though and plenty of stock! so will keep posted.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Disaster, what a disaster!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Disaster, What size are you, I've got some great size 8.5 Tecnicas for sale, yours for a steal!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ha yeah - Got the great option of taking the "Speed Awareness Course"! I'm a 9.5(ish) UK Shoe size...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Disaster wrote:
Ha yeah - Got the great option of taking the "Speed Awareness Course"! I'm a 9.5(ish) UK Shoe size...

size 9.5 but solid lead. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy