Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female Solo Beginner - France or Andorra 1wk Feb or March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Im 28, solo female from london looking to try out skiing or boarding for the first time, just want some cool people to go with!

1 week during last 2 weeks of Feb or last 2 weeks of March.

No preference on location really but to narrow it down, Andorra, France or Bulgaria, just becuase i heard they were good for beginners and are a bit lively, but im open to suggestions.

hope to hear from you soon!

Very Happy [/code]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI
I would suggest andorra, only because i go there a lot!! I have never been to Bulgaria but i have done france, i find it expensive so im sticking to soldeu in andorra.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you keen on joining a UCPA Chamonix all-inclusive package from 19 Feb 2012? It’s working out to be about £580 for the full board, hire, lessons (and cheaper if not required). I’m a beginner-intermediate snowboarder and have been to the French alps a couple of times last year.

Flights (ex London) are relatively cheap, about £100 return + transfers c.£50

Let me know if you're interested as i'm keen on joining up with others as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi read PM and let me know what you think? Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello,

I have not skiied for years and years and finally going to go this year! I am going solo and was thinking of booking with Action-Outdoors, staying at a UCPA, possibly La Plagne, but i'm flexible, they have some great deals. I have two weeks off work at the end of March so was thinking of going then. I'm Birmingham based 34 years old, if you're interested give me a shout.

Dee
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi dee3879 and gillphill83, UCPA is a great place to learn to ski (or board).... their formula of including ski pass, equipment hire and instruction in their packages make it probably one of the most economical ways to either learn from scratch or get good quality instruction to help you improve too.

From my own experience as a well travelled UCPA'er (even though I'm officially too old now) La Plagne is a really good UCPA centre, compared to many of the others and with the nursery slop right outside the door, very convenient for beginners too. Some people have said that the next step up onto the greens and blues can be quite a challenge but from what I remember there are lots of options for beginners and intermediates. You might also consider Flaine - again a really comfortable centre and very convenient for beginners slopes - pretty much just across the road and down some steps from the front door - almost ski-in for more intermediate+ skiers too. However, if you want more night-life though, do consider Chamonix - the centre is pretty much right in the middle of town.

If you do book with Action Outdoors have a look at their solos weeks too - they usually attract a good crowd of like-minded people who, like you, want to get in more skiing but can't go with their friends on that trip. You can use the discount code SP2010 to get £10 off each booking too, but I would hurry and book as when I looked the other day availability is getting limited for some centres and dates for full or half time instruction.

Good luck and have fun!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gillphill83, hey there! A group of friends and I are going to Tignes in France the second to last week in March. Mix of beginners and intermediate. We have a couple spots open. Let me know if you are interested!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Scampi, I'm leaning towards Flaine now. Will hopefully get it booked this week Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy