Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

15kg luggage + 5kg hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just been browsing for a trip to europe in feb and found a few of the smaller companies specifying 15kg luggage allowance. is this now the norm or is it only the smaller TO's doing this and why is it happening. my boots always go in the suitcase and i stuff loads of clothes into a rucksack for hand luggage so never had a weight issue but the 15kg now makes it impossible, well almost, to get away without having to pay for an additional bag.

whats the story behind this allowance or is it just to make the holidays look attractive then ask for another wedge of money to give you your 20kg allowance?

skullduggery like that would make me not visit the TO's website if they keep that up.

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TUI state 20kg per person hold allowance with no single bag weighing more than 25kg. Hand allowance 5kg and skis 15kg
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pauljames wrote:
is it just to make the holidays look attractive then ask for another wedge of money to give you your 20kg allowance?

Fair guess I would say.20kg being pretty standard as far as I've seen, + 12 to 15kg for sporting goods.Doubt if many of us could get within 15kg if we put our boots in the case(and I do).
Best bet,vote with yer feet,and book elsewhere.....and mail customer services to tell them just that Mad

Loads of choice at the moment,with a lot of the big operators falling over themselves to give discounts.Deffo a buyers market wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yip customer power can make a difference. About 3 years ago Jet2 announced that there hold baggage limit was 17kg. Cue much customer outrage pointing out that they could never be Ryanair etc. 6 months later one of their advertising tag lines is 22kg of luggage!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which operators restrict you to 15kg? The only airline I know who used to specify 15kg (rather than 20 or more) is Ryanair but they now give you the choice of 20kg for an extra £10.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We booked through Neilson(TC) and the standard was 15Kg to Grenoble. I think its so they get more money by selling an extra 5Kg per person (and TC sure do need the money!!!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As stated on a different thread - Neilson use Monarch charter flights where the allowance is 15kg + 5 kg hand luggage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
15k is a joke isnt it...I like the idea of voting with your feet and letting customer services know
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
junitrules wrote:
We booked through Neilson(TC) and the standard was 15Kg to Grenoble. I think its so they get more money by selling an extra 5Kg per person (and TC sure do need the money!!!)

That was my recent experience. £15pp for the extra 5 kg.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tiger2 wrote:
As stated on a different thread - Neilson use Monarch charter flights where the allowance is 15kg + 5 kg hand luggage.

I think this depends on the TO rather than the airline. I've travelled with Monarch a number of times on an Inghams package and the allowance has always been 20Kg in the hold.

The only time I can remember a 15Kg allowance (with TUI, I think) was when they used BAE146 aircraft into Chambery. When the larger 737/757s came into use for the Chambery run, the allowance was increased to 20Kg.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have been having a bit of a fret over this as rumours had it that we were restricted to 15kg for our Crystal holiday next week. It seems Thomson Airways sensibly allow 20Kg for ski holidays. Quote from their website:

Ski luggage allowance

Each customer is entitled to a check-in allowance of up to 20kg baggage and a maximum 5kg for hand baggage (10kg for infants) Multiple bags permitted.

Ski carriage allowance - Weight allowance of 15kg. Boots part of hold luggage allowance. Ski carriage charge of £35 applies.

(please note customers who have hold luggage and ski carriage allowance no single item of baggage can exceed 25kg)

snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This thread has created some interest hasnt it...

My original point, albeit not as clear as i thought in my first post, was to do with the marketing tactics of the TO's not that we are actually being restricted on weight by publishing lower prices to attract you to the holiday and then 'will you require the additional baggage allownce for £££££ sir' at the time of booking.

all interesting stuff though.. snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone else getting fed up with the Air travel experience ? Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish wrote:
We have been having a bit of a fret over this as rumours had it that we were restricted to 15kg for our Crystal holiday next week. It seems Thomson Airways sensibly allow 20Kg for ski holidays. Quote from their website:

Ski luggage allowance

Each customer is entitled to a check-in allowance of up to 20kg baggage and a maximum 5kg for hand baggage (10kg for infants) Multiple bags permitted.

Ski carriage allowance - Weight allowance of 15kg. Boots part of hold luggage allowance. Ski carriage charge of £35 applies.

(please note customers who have hold luggage and ski carriage allowance no single item of baggage can exceed 25kg)

snowHead

Chris Bish Print that out and take it with us at the weekend please? The Pixies will be filling the bags with more chocolate and jackets Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy