Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade v Kitzbuhel for a school group in Feb?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

I'm having problems working out whether our school should pick Kitzbuhel over Ski Amade (probably staying in Radstadt) for our next ski trip and hoping to get some advice on this great forum. We will (probably) have:

1. @30 14-17yr olds
2. 30% beginner, 60% Intermediate, 10% advanced
3. A need for evening 'activities' (swimming pool, karaoke, bowling alley, ice skating)
4. Feb half term
5. We're having 2 hours of lessons in am, and 2 hours in pm - otherwise free skiing

We're looking at Ski Amade School ski trip as opposed to Kitzbuhel School ski trip.

Huge experience on these forums (I'm new here) so what do you guys reckon? I've had huge advice from 321ski the TO but all info is good info and I stumbled over this forum last night!! NehNeh

Thanks in advance and HNY to all!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
taw55, There are a few forum members who live out there so I'm sure they'll be along to offer some good advice. For my 2p Amade is a linked area where as Kitz is one resorts with a pass that opens up a huge area some easily linked others not so. My info isn't too up to date as I stayed in Flachau quite a while back now.

I think Kitz ticks you boxes for evening activities as it has all of the above. Beginner area is a bit of a pain to access depending on where you stay in Kitz can't comment on Radstadt.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
taw55, Are you working for 321Ski? All your posts include liberal links and it is beginning to look like a spamfest. Want yours cold or frittered?

School trips are not too well thought of here as some members are a wee bit jealous of the idea that someone (i.e. you as party leader) are getting something for nothing. As a party leader of well over 30 years experience I have to laugh at that concept. But as for your promotion of one particular company (who must be the new boys on the block), well, don't overcook it.

As for your question - Ski Amade wins it just for the beginners provision, especially at Radstadt. The Königsleiten 10-seater gondola has improved that particular area beyond recognition.

BTW unless all your leaders are fully qualified, you should know by now that "free skiing" does not exist under the current Risk Management provisos. So all day supervised skiing is the order of the day now. Leaving you to either ski from class to class, checking on your charges, or booger off and enjoy yourself for a few hours.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, I'm not sure 3 post constitutes spamming. Though having said that taw55, did post 30 mins before the above one saying the school group is off to ski amade, see quote below. So does seems a little strange there's now a question about where to go for the next trip? Does the next trip mean 12/13 season as for this season Amade has been selected?

taw55 wrote:
Anyhow the secondary school pupils are really excited too and with 800km of the Ski Amade on the School skiing trip maybe the bigger pupils willl come back streamlined after all!!!

taw55, If you're serious and want further info on ski amade and an alternative organising company drop me a PM as I know a company that do organise school trips in the Amade area.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi folks - I'm back. Please don't think I'm acting for the company (I won't even mention them now!!!...) as, TBH, I was just being alittle bored and started playing with the html smiley faces and little gadgets and whatnot - sorry!! No offence intended believe me!!!

I shall quietly extract myself off this site if this is the general feeling Sue; I had no idea...!

Quote:

School trips are not too well thought of here as some members are a wee bit jealous of the idea that someone (i.e. you as party leader) are getting something for nothing. As a party leader of well over 30 years experience I have to laugh at that concept.

Thank you waynos, we have been given two quotes by the company and I was pretty certain to choose the Ski Amade (hence my earlier post) but, having found this forum very informative late at night, I thought I might just ask the question and get informed responses. I think the Amade has it so we'll go with that. All good responses from everyone I've asked. Thank you. Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy