Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AVORIAZ

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a fantastic week in Les Gets - never seen so much snow, sad to be home again!!! Now planning a trip to Avoriaz at Easter. Not sure of we should hire a car or get transfers. Our transfer guy told us to get a transfer to Morzine and get the cable car up the mountain to Avoriaz - is this going to work with skis, 2 kids and luggage to cart around?? Never stayed in Avoriaz so any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!!

Jo
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad you had a good time.

Transfer. You can't drive to your accommodation in Avoriaz.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, figured if we hired a car it would just be sat in a car park all week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Transfer is cheap and easy. Think I went with ski-lifts the last time. I got dropped off in Morzine, spent a night there after an afternoon's skiing and then got the cable car up the nxt morning to join my friends who were arriving in Avoriaz the next day. I then got picked up by my transfer in Avoriaz, so despite what your transfer guy is telling you you can get a transfer there. Think it cost me €10 more than Morzine.

You can drive though, and there is a large communal car park but not sure how much it costs (maybe its free if you're staying there?). Bear in mind that you can't get your transfer to your accommodation either, you have to walk (advisable) or pay for the donkey and sled (inadvisable and expensive)!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've just got back from Avoriaz (though it seems like it was eons ago) and got the transfer to the telecabine in Morzine and then used a sledge when we got to the resort. They have sledges you can use for a couple of euro deposit (like a shopping trolley) to lug your stuff around in. You can also call for a taxi or horse drawn carriage to transfer you from the telecabine at Avoriaz. If you're staying at the bottom of the resort taking the telecabine makes sense, but if you're staying at the top you can get a transfer to the car park there, weather permitting - if the weather is bad you'll just get dropped at Morzine.

We didn't have children with us, but did the lugging luggage up the cable car and it was very simple.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Going to Avoriaz on Thursday for a long weekend, we have booked a private transfer Skiddy Gonzales I'll let you know what its like when we return......Ps Can't wait the conditions look superb
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jo reuben, my fiance works for Skiidy and they drive up to Avoriaz or will drop you off at the Prodains, whichever you choose.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone on this thread know what the snow is generally like in avoriaz and the portes du soleil in late march early april?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mattyv13, White and cold. Possibly springlike.

Sorry to be unhelpful but you're asking an impossible question. There's usually plenty, but there wasn't so much last year.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
its a hard question to answer i know but thanks anyways Smile hopefully it will be ok, heading off there at the end of march and first week of april so fingers crossed i will get some good snow if i search for it Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy