Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow depths in France...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't know if this has been posted already but might come in handy - http://www.skiinfo.co.uk/snowreport-all-ski-resorts/france-EFR-233-en.jhtml?orderBy=LIST_REPORTS_SLOPES_DEPTH

That link is for France sure it can be changed to other European destinations Smile

Many resorts sporting no snow apparently, so do't know if it's a case of them not having snow, or just not bothering to send out updates....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
that site has some oddly confused and inconsistent info about the places I know, and is probably equally unreliable on the rest. They obviously trawl the net for information but then stick it together rather uncritically. For example it has some good up to date info about snow in Les Saisies, accurately stating 248 cms at the top (info just a day or so old) but gives 186 at the "base" of 1150 whereas it's 186 at the "front de neige" which is at 1650 - I imagine it's considerably less right down at Hauteluce. Probably more like 80cms. Info on kms of piste available at the linked resorts of the Espace Diamant is also very odd - and odd in different ways.

So I'd counsel against use of this site for making important decisions - I suspect people would get far more accurate information looking at the individual resort websites.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with Pam.

At 1150 meters you've got more like 30cm of snow at the moment. We've had a huge amount of rain at this level with the FL often between 1300-1500m, it has been very warm.

Himnetaz is listed as closed but I've just spoken to a mate who has spent the day skiing there, from top to bottom of the ski area. In good conditions.

The France Montagnes is another site for French resort snow depths although it only covers their partners (about 100 of the 250 odd French resorts). I think Pam is correct, in trying to be more complete they are introducing a number of errors.

http://www.france-montagnes.com/bulletin_neige
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy