Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Glove Bargain Of The Year

Poster: A snowHead
Gloves are a funny old business. As far as I know, there are basically just two huge ski glove manufacturers on earth - Atlas Glove Co and I think an outfit called Danni Gloves or something like that. Both in the far east of course. ALL the brands go to either of those companies and get their gloves made up. Not surprisingly, many, many gloves on the market, regardless of the brand name, are actually the exact same thing save for a few graphic changes. Same liners, same wadding, same outer, same palm and attachments and made on the same assembly lines by the same people. Selling prices all differ of course and that depends more on the brand name on the glove. Guys like Hestra are far more piccy about the specification though and exercise best QC.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller, I like to think Hestra's are constructed by the hand of virgin Hungarian supermodels and floated across Europe on a tiny silver cloud. It all helps in justifying the cost.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alans deep bath wrote:
Bode Swiller, I like to think Hestra's are constructed by the hand of virgin Swedish supermodels and floated across Europe on a tiny silver cloud. It all helps in justifying the cost.

there, I've fixed that for you Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andersont, have pm'd you Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just called the garden centre to try and get them delivered but they wouldn't do it.

They do still have them in stock, but they've had the cheek to put the price up to £9.99 Laughing

Good luck to anyone who manages to grab some.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
disappointed to be a bit disappointed with hestra, i recently got around to getting some. not as nice dexterity as i would've hoped - will probably break in more (i hope). given the price though i've found at least two past gloves much better - marmot "ultimate ski" for a gauntlet style and the best i've had by far is the burton ak yeti glove (short cuff, snowboard glove). neither of which have the knuckle guard business which i guess will also have an impact on dexterity but then i don't typically go about punching trees or gate poles etc.

I'll stick with them and break em in (might bash em up with a broom handle or sumfink to accelerate the process?), but at those prices, not sure i'd go back for more when the time comes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

As far as I know, there are basically just two huge ski glove manufacturers on earth

it is interesting, I have been offered the same gloves as some of the major brands with just a different name on, maybe when we are bigger we will do our own, funny thing is the pictures they send from the factories still have the brand names on them Shocked Shocked (one such brand is mentioned above)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been veey pleased with my two pairs of Rossignol gloves, and have a pair of Helly Hanson to try on warmer days this year. I just can't get the Hestra's on and I must admit having seen and tried on a lot at the ski shows alongside other brands they don't seem anything to write home about despite their excellent reputation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly wrote:
They do still have them in stock, but they've had the cheek to put the price up to £9.99 Laughing

That's hilarious. They must be monitoring demand. Bet they are on Ebay right now. Someone somewhere must have gone in and bought a job lot.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, which glove from Hestra? They do different ranges, including "Alpine Pro". I got a new pair of Hestras this week from their pro range and they are head and shoulders (fingers and thumbs?) better than any other gloves I've used.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, tbh I couldn't recall exactly which ones, but I was in a mind to buy new gloves at the ski shows this year and did try on a whole load of the Hestra ones on the big clothing companies stands couldn't get any of them on (and I don't think I've got big hands either - I've only got short fingers but I do have a broad hand). I thought I would find Hestra's to suit, esp. as they claim all those different sizes. However, I came away with the HH ones. My daughter found the same with the kids range, even through to their small ladies ones and she too went with HH's in the finish as providing the most comfortable fit to her hands - she told me that before Christmas with the new HH was the first time she has had warm hands in a snow dome - and she has HAD Hestra's previously.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bug: OK then, as a result price will have to go up to £15 for the gloves. Cheeky sods. Ah well, they are a shop, will just have to get my job lot in early then!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At that price, it's almost worth getting them and then arranging to have my hands enlarged Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK:
These people have sent me their address and number of pairs required. All want a single pair unless otherwise stated. If you're not on the list and feel you should be: don't burst into tears, message me and pay up pronto.

oldmike
shoogly x2
rainman
chezticot
Chattonmill
rambotion x2
smagsmith
n1ckster
Megamum

Also, if any of you don't have my bank details, b ugger, message me asap I've forgotten/missed you off the list by accident.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oldmike, Megamum: payment received and thanks for being so prompt.
latest report
Chezticot, n1ckster, thanks.
snow report
What the Hell did I innocently start? The Squires Garden Centre Bash.
snow report
Bode Swiller, this had better not be a wind-up.. I'm going to need a bin-bag for all these gloves. Might pick up a gnome at the same time.
ski holidays
andersont, now that would be funny but, no, I'm staring at my £4.95 investment now (one of several Cool ). I think you should tackle them on the price - along the lines of "I was told on the phone by a member of your staff £4.95 and I've just driven from Halifax etc". Anyway, best of luck, you've made new friends but you won't ever be able to ski with any of them for fear of glove clash. The koi carp pool is very impressive.
ski holidays
I hope there are some left or I and several others are going to be unhappy. I'll blag it, see if they'll do a bulk discount as well.

rambotion, Chattonmill and shoogly pay up tonight/ tomoz morning and I'll go tomoz instead...
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
andersont, you won't ever be able to ski with any of them for fear of glove clash.

Hopefully if any snowheads in Espace Killy end of January they'll be too busy spotting the gloves and not my technique Toofy Grin
snow report
andersont, have pm'd you.
ski holidays
midgetbiker, Chattonmill: thanks.
snow report
andersont, Thanks, paid this morning as I didn't have my bank security widget thingy at home last night!
latest report
Got all the gloves. Was a massive trek from the station but worth it as they fit me, thank God. About six to eight pairs left now as I rinsed them pretty solidly and bought twelve. According to the manager it was a box that got mixed up with the shipment so they had to get rid of them somehow. Lucky for us! I'll send them on Monday as I'm away all weekend.
latest report
andersont, Many thanks for your efforts, I hope that they fit me. A mens Large normally does - ladies sizes I'm hopeless in. Do they seem decent gloves and worth the cash?
snow conditions
Cheers Andersont, earned a weekend off Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Yeah, they're pretty good quality and look it. Leather and shizzle. Extra pairs I bought going on eBay for £30 including p + p if anyone is late to this and still interested.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andersont, you are a star, thanks for your efforts. Now I'm going to get in trouble as i naff off the Chamonix on monday for a few days guided fun and whilst i'm away a pair of shiny new gloves turn up, she just plain won't believe me when i tell her how cheap they were snowHead
snow report
Quote:

According to the manager it was a box that got mixed up with the shipment so they had to get rid of them somehow.

wow I hope it does not come back and bite him in the lower regions, when someone finds there missing 50 to 60 pairs of gloves. Shocked
ski holidays
midgetbiker, I'll drop in a pretend invoice, something along the lines of £15 pounds paid cheers etc.
ski holidays
Sent five of the seven pairs of gloves today. Went 2nd class so should be with you on thursday, probably friday knowing our w anky postal system. The remaining two will go tomorrow.
snow conditions
Cheers Andersont, hope not delayed if it snows.

Had skis tracked from France last year amazing seeing progress up until hit our local depot in the snow!!!
snow report
Remaining pair gone. oldmike, invoice included to keep the doris off your back.
snow report
andersont wrote:

Think Midgetbiker more in need than me!
latest report
andersont wrote:

Think Midgetbiker more in need than me!
snow report
Whoops: midgetbiker, stand by to be dropped in it.
ski holidays
livetoski, I wonder which ski shop got a box of gardening gloves?!
latest report
Megamum wrote:
livetoski, I wonder which ski shop got a box of gardening gloves?!

And if they sold many!!!
snow report
There's a great deal here on an avalanche shovel and probe set Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy