Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Glove Bargain Of The Year

Poster: A snowHead
See these gloves...

Well, I was just in a Squires garden centre (don't ask) and I happened to notice a big display of these gloves in with the gardening gloves. I thought it was a bit odd DaKine going into gardening so I took a closer look and realised they had clearly bought a job lot and didn't know where else to stick 'em. Then I noticed the price... £4.99 a pair Laughing

So, a DaKine glove with a Goretex liner and water repellent leather palm for £4.99

They only had them in XL but they fit me perfectly and I'm normally an L.

So get down there: http://www.squiresgardencentres.co.uk/ there might be one near you and they might have a similar display. Buy 10 pairs for the price of one. You can just chuck 'em off the chairlift and laugh your head off.

Right now I imagine there's a convoy of cars heading down from the north Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd love a pair and have been looking for some decent gloves for a while; these would be the right size for me.

Any chance you are visiting again in the near future and could pick up another pair or two?

Nick
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like Squires are mostly near That London which is a little far for me, but if any kind snowheads are going to one I would happily pay postage if anyone can pick me up a pair in size L, please (that's the size I normally wear in DaKine, I wear sise M in others). Ta!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, which branch of Squires?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd have a pair in large too please if anyone is going shopping Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, twas the Badshot Lea branch but I don't go that way very often.

If it's a long way, best call them up and see if they'll mail order. Only had XL but, like I say, more like an L. Must've been 100 pairs.

I can only think they've been wrongly priced - ie the decimal point in the wrong place.

One small correction... the blurb on the display card mentions Goretex liner but also says Hipora - also a waterproof, breathable fabric. I reckon they have Hipora liners.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alas, my local branch didn't have any. They obviously think there are more cheapskate skiers in your neck of the woods wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, never mind, they won't match any of your outfits anyway.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, I was all ready to buy a new outfit to match the bargain gloves. Will be thinking about next season's new uniform tomorrow...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
n1ckster wrote:
I'd love a pair and have been looking for some decent gloves for a while; these would be the right size for me.

Any chance you are visiting again in the near future and could pick up another pair or two?

Nick

+1. I could do with a couple of pairs in XL and more than happy to pay the postage if anyone can pick them up

cheers
Smag
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would also jump on this bandwagon
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, you should bought the lot and probably could have sold them on for £9.99 for a nice little earner Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Bode Swiller, you should bought the lot and probably could have sold them on for £9.99 for a nice little earner

Thats for sure I would have wink wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, always been my ambition to be an Ebayer Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers Mr Swiller , I picked up a couple of pairs from Badshot lea today. Right size for me too. Very Happy
snow conditions
mistermouse, only a couple? Glad to be of service.

Were people still fighting over half price Christmas decorations?
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Right now I imagine there's a convoy of cars heading down from the north Laughing
Take more than a cheap pair of gloves. wink
latest report
Tarquin, just think, you could have a right AND a left.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, There is a pair in the mystery glove box (Somwhere between lost property and common usage that are the exact same as these)

Will remove and post to any brave and willing snowHead
snow report
http://www.dakine.com/p/ski/gloves/guys/legacy-glove

Bode - could they be these?
snow conditions
Not genuine gardening/workwear gloves therefore fail the lift queue hipster test. Voted cold.
snow report
Fifespud, no, these: http://wavegames.co.uk/products/DAKINE-NOVA-SHORT-GLOVE-IN-COGNAC.html
snow report
Fattes13 wrote:
Bode Swiller, There is a pair in the mystery glove box (Somwhere between lost property and common usage that are the exact same as these)

Will remove and post to any brave and willing snowHead

Puzzled ermmm, me no understand
ski holidays
It was very empty in there , just a few grannies toddling around the cafe bit. Lots of pairs left tho, I wonder if snow and rock would price match other sizes ?.
latest report
Bode Swiller, Ski club of Ireland has a pair of these knocking about in its oh you forgot your gloves please use some from our box if you can catch them!
snow report
OK: I'm not so far away so I'm now planning to tootle over and buy a few pairs. I know, I'm a lovely chap. If you do want a pair, e-mail me BY THIS FRIDAY MORNING with which size you'd like. You can have them for the price on the ticket, however you will have to pay postage plus a bit extra as getting there will cost me a fair bit. When I say a bit extra I mean a few quid, depending on how many people want them.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, I'll keep one hand in my pocket wink
snow report
Quote:

with which size you'd like

Any size you like as long as its XL (which is really more like an L). Repeat, they only have XL.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andersont,

Thanks for the offer, very up for a pair of these could you guesstimate a price nearer the time and I'll drop you a pm and can arrange payment etc.
latest report
Bode Swiller, cheers, didn't read your post properly. ONLY PEOPLE WITH BIG HANDS NEED APPLY.
ski holidays
i'd be up for a pair tried pm'ing you but wont play at the mo
snow conditions
andersont, If you could pick me up a pair I would be very grateful. How would you like payment? can do bank transfer or Paypal.
Thanks very much.
Max
ski holidays
andersont, well, normal-sized hands probably. My hand is about 9.5 cm across (just above the "Love & Hate" on my knuckles) - I would measure around the hand but this is a metal ruler. Anyway, I'm a L usually in ski gloves or golf gloves and these fit perfectly. By the way, you are the bravest person I know Laughing
snow conditions
None in the Shepperton branch......
snow conditions
Nor Woking or West Horsley , looks like a Badshot Lea only thing.
snow report
andersont, Please can you pick up three pairs for me. ( Actually for me and two mates). You are a very kind person for doing this and your palm will be crossed with silver for your troubles.

Just let me know how much and I will ablige

Cheers
Smag
snow report
These found at wakefield Go Outdoors

http://marmot.com/products/aerial_undercuff_glove?p=204,216 (womens version)

£9 with a hand written tag - Havent worn these in anger yet but they feel better than my Hestra that I paid a fortune for
snow report
My use experience with Hestra's has been limited to their childs range, but I can't say as I am overly impressed with them on that basis. They've kept my kids hands no warmer than other makes, and they are severely small around the wrist in terms of fitting the hand into them - a fault I've also found on trying on adult pairs.
ski holidays
bought the Dakines at the list price Sad very nice gloves though... Wink
snow report
Megamum, my Hestras are really tough to get on but fit... like a glove and have stood up to serious abuse. And they're dextrous as f...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy