Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insure & Go

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of Insure & Go? I'm tempted by their annual worldwide Gold policy, a big attraction is they cover paragliding (for an extra fee - but flexible in that you pay only for the days actually flying). Not just concerned about price, more about the company's attitude to handling claims etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have had an annual policy with them for the past few years - friend recommended them to me after breaking her wrist skiing - said they were great.

Unfortunately I too broke my wrist skiing last season and found them to be extremely helpful. Rang them from the clinic after getting sorted, gave them the fax number and they had paid the bill (about 1200 euros for hospital fees and piste rescue) within an hour. I had assumed I would have to pay the hospital and claim it back so for them to pay directly was great. They rang me later that evening to check if I needed any further assistance either getting to the airport or getting home in the UK. No further paperwork/contact once back in the UK.

I have just this minute renewed my policy as am off skiing again in a week. I also do a lot of scuba diving and they cover this at no extra cost (and are quite happy to cover you to do deep dives for a very reasonable extra couple of quid for each day you dive).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My fiancee and I have used Insure&Go for the past 3 years, whilst we have yet to make use of the insurance (touch wood), their cover seemed to be very good. They do auto-renew though so make sure you cancel if you only want a years cover
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont know about Insure and Go as I use GoTravel- They were brilliant when I had to claim for a missed flight due to circumstances beyond my control. Def worth having a look at them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for your replies; Reassuring about Insure & Go, but GoTravel about 20% cheaper so I've emailed them for paragliding extra cost. Any other comments???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I used to use them - never had to claim though. I've got a sneaky suspicion that they've cropped up before on SH's - the search function might be worth trying.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am having a look at the Insure & Go annual worldwide Gold policy at the moment. But the Winter cover is only up to £1000. Is that enough....? It doesnt seem like it is. The policy is for the both of us, I am guessing the £1000 is not per person?

If the holiday was canx, I know that amount wouldnt cover the cost of the trip for both of us and think that even piste rescure for a broken leg could also rack up a bill of over £1000?

Not only getting married this year and will have the honeymoon, but we also plan to travel a lot more this year with trips to Hong Kong, New York, Sydney and some EU weekend trips (we have been saving for ages!)

Is the Insure & Go annual worldwide Gold policy the best one for us to go for as a couple?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went over to Dog Tag as they actually seemed cheaper and rather nicely offer a single parent option Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neil - the winter cover is just for covering stolen skis/lost lift passes etc. You still get the full amount of medical cover (up to 10 million I think).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A couple of questions... and an observation. My Annual family policy is just about to expire & I'm looking for a better one.

Q1:
Do any of these companies cover travel within the UK? I tried to claim for a trip last Christmas from Belfast to Bath when my flight was cancelled due to the snow but claim was denied, as it was within the UK, so lost cost of hotel, train & match tickets.

Q2:
A friend has free basic travel insurance with his bank cards. Is buying Carre Neige on top of that as reasonable option?

The observation:
I've used dogtag before & had to make a claim for an urgent return from the US. My claim covered three sections of the policy and they applied the excess to each element of the policy. As a result, instead of paying £60 excess, I had to pay £180. This may be common practice amongst insurers but it's not what I was expecting. The lesson is to make sure you know what cover you're buying.

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks,
CW Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Insure and Go cover you for trips within the UK so long as you have prebooked 2 nights accommodation. Not sure about our second question - they would need to have a look at exactly what their insurance covers - the carre neige will get you off the mountain but won't get you home (and a basic insurance without winter sports cover won't either).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am aware that Direct Travel have changed their policy, so it may need further checking out, but as far as I can remember, when we claimed we only paid one excess, not one for each section. I am looking for a new policy as the maximum number of days on snow is now just 17 per year, not 17 per trip as in the past. It also covers us for UK, as we did put in a claim for a camera a few years ago (cancelled in the end as camera turned up).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Insure & Go still looking the best - I checked out Go Travel who offered a cheaper quote, but a huge loading for paragliding. Insure & Go will add the paragliding on a trip-by-trip basis with a daily rate. Since i don't take the glider on every trip, this is a better bet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skydog, Just used click4quote = : annual policy, Zero excess, Worldwide (except US/Canada as I'm not skiing there this season) 45 days winter cover £68.45. I use snowsafe to protect my off mountain/lift /season pass risk.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jivebaby, will always have a "paid professional guide" when you go offf-piste? See, that's what puts me off lots of policies. I'm not likely to ski off-piste on my own (or with a group), but I might if I had to and often my lessons are done off-piste so with an instructor but not a guide......
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, I thought a professional guide could be an instructor as long as he/she took you onto non-glaciated terrain. For instance, Easiski took me to La Grave, but we skied Vallons only. And what about if your professional guide is a mate, and you go skiing with them for the day with no charge?
snow report
Hells Bells, It's all so ambiguous isn't it!

We were off piste on the Grande Motte with TDF (but I think a bit below where the glacier finishes I think) and Charlotte took us off piste on the LDA glacier

Anyway; I've resolved to go with Snowcard single trips for a while.... must stop getting sucked into more options Laughing
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, that is not the same as glaciated terrain though. And yes, very ambiguous. I've still got 8 weeks to sort this out.
snow report
dudes

the budget version of their services can be found at their sister company

called

Unsure & Feck Off

ok bye
ski holidays
Every year when I go to Mountainsun's place in Tignes, I ski the last bit off-piste to get to the hotel, rather than ski down the piste and walk up the road. I've also done "off piste" to quite a few other chalets/hotels as a short cut. Why is this classed the same as high mountain stuff?
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Wot's glaciated terrain then, if not terrain on the glacier? genuine question
maggi, +1
snow report
Jivebaby, will always have a "paid professional guide" when you go offf-piste? [/quote]
Whom were you quoting? Was that "Insure and go? I'm on the look-out for new insurers and this wouldn't do for me. Am I right in thinking Dogtag say the same about "Out of Bounds"?

glaciated terrain = terrain on the glacier
ski holidays
We have used them in the past but they were less than helpful when we had a missed flight due to our young daughter starting with norovirus in the early hrs of the day of our flight. We had to rebook a new flight later in the week and arrange our own transfer to resort, all at our expense (fine we will be able to claim it back??) They then refused to pay up for the transfer, the unused part of our daughters ski school, the unused part of our ski hire, in fact the only thing they did pay up for was the extra flight to get us there half way through our weeks holiday. We have not used them again.
latest report
snowball, It was me that quoted "paid professional guide" I picked that phrase up from the click4quote website that Jivebaby said he got the policy from
snow report
Insure and Go are the worst insurers I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. After giving them everything they asked for, police report, witness statement etc they refused to pay me for the money that was stolen. I even took them to arbitration and they got away with it with some b******t small print. Essex mafia firm STAY AWAY!!
latest report
bug..... all these bad reviews of them come though AFTER I have just bought my years insurance from them! >_<
latest report
Quote:

glaciated terrain = terrain on the glacier

but not as I understand it, Les Deux-Alpes glacier, Grand Motte , Vallons de la Meije etc? Don't they mean areas where you would require a professional guide (not instructor) and be required to be equipped with ropes, harnesses etc?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy