Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I made a map of Alpine ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A good effort. Bergfex is hard to beat though even it doesn't do any of the French resorts.

With Bergfex you can see the piste map, accommodations choices, resort site links and even the ski pass charges.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stop whinging! He's done a bloody good job!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How do I make it work please - I'd like a look at it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great job mate - think you may have missed a few in Scotland Laughing (it is part of Europe after all)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It doesn't work in IE. Use a proper browser like Firefox or Chrome.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some people were interested in seeing the bergfex data on a map too. Here it is, in all it's glory:

http://duncang.com/skidata/map-even-more.html

They cover France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Slovenia and this maps 1084 resorts.

Try zooming out. Eep!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Regarding bergfex / j2ski / etc being better: it's just a google map! Happy. I like using google's maps as I can fullscreen them, pan and zoom, and set the satellite and terrain overlays. They're by far my favourite way to view map data on the internet. The maps I've seen elsewhere for ski resorts either didn't have all the resorts on one map, were confused collections of amenities around a single resort or didn't show the names of the resorts without clicking on the little map marker. This one's just an easier way to see what's near what. For instance: I had no idea that the vast majority of the skiing I had done was in the south west part of the Alps (of course, this is the most popular area). I also had no idea that Val'd and Tignes were over the hill from both the Three Valleys and the Milky Way. This let me find that out. See what you can discover by having a pan around!

Also, I think that the map with /fewer/ resorts on it is much better than the other two because these are the resorts which I'd like to ski in the most. It's a list of the highest resorts with the most runs. Less is more, and all that Smile

I'll take a look at the IE issue tomorrow, as I don't have an IE box lying around here at the moment. I'm sure it's something arcane :-s.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
on the 'Top' map villars is near st moritz... should be near lake geneva along with gryon
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This Via Michelin site is really useful too as it has all resorts all over europe and useful info and links.
It is www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Ski
Enjoy !!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is great. OK, there's a some gaps, but seriously - props. Just the sort of thing you need when looking at cheap flights and thinking: "OK, so where could that take me?" Bookmarked and probably deserves being moved/reposted to the Resorts page and stickied so more people can make use of it. Nice one!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want to add detail about the lifts in the resorts then openstreetmap has a lift data overlay that might be useful. It's not complete, even for the most popular resorts, but better than nothing, and I find it quite interesting to see the real geographic layout of pistes as opposed to the stylised presentation on most piste maps.

The open piste map data is available here normally (but currently "experiencing problems") http://www.openpistemap.org, but I think it's also available as an overlay on the standard http://www.openstreetmap.org.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy