Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Ski Deals - Where to look?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Losing the will to live!

Im trying to find a cheap solo ski departing either of the last two weekends in jan, and having no luck at all!

Where are the best places to look online which allow solo deals? Price is the main issue here, finding great deals for 2 or more people but getting ridiculous prices for just me. I don't really mind where I ski, I wanted to go to Les Arcs but as long as I have access to a fairly large ski area in the alps I can be very flexible.

Snowheads, help me out!

Sorry if there has been recent threads about this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin., There never seems to be much availability of single rooms in France, try Austria.

Search at http://www.igluski.com/advancedsearch
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're willing to share with 3 other people in a small room look at action outdoors/UCPA.

http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Hame offered us singles in La Tania for £379 in a nice chalet including transfers from Geneva (That was for the 15th). EJ flights still available.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin., mountainsun
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin., find someone to room with by posting in the Solo Skiers forum then take your pick of the best deals.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the suggestions,

Best looking so far is Schladming through Iglu, any experiences? Ski Armade acess appeals to me!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark Werner currently have some deals on for solo travelers. Thinking of booking one myself.

http://www.markwarner.co.uk/special-offers/ski
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

We have some single rooms in our chalets and never make a supplement for these - the link is in my tag line.

Happy planning!
Heather
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Martin., I'm guessing the one you found is the Hotel Rossl. So the next thing is Google the hotel and find out who the tour op is. In this case it's Thomson/Crystal, so have a look and see if it's cheaper on their website, or maybe even better, have a look at www.ski-direct.com which is a part of TUI which sells their discounted holidays. Then just book the cheapest!

Oh, and have a look on Trip Advisor to see other guests comments. Hope you don't mind a bit of noise!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whats your budget?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mountainsun have been mentioned on several "singles" threads. Much as I like them, I've stayed with them 4 times, I don't think +50% as a single supplement is a particularly good deal.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, their place in Italy has single rooms with zero supplement.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wags, OK thanks, it's 50% at Tignes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B, He could opt to share... It was the OPs liking for Les Arcs that made me suggest it.
ski holidays
The later you leave it the better deal you will get. If a hotel or chalet has 10 empty beds for a certain week, and you ring up offering to stay there, they are not going to charge you a supplement as the chance of them filling the other 8 rooms up is rather slim. Could you not join up with another single if you are really struggling?
snow conditions
Wow thanks for the help, really helpful!

I'm going to keep looking and see what turns up even closer to the time. Will check out Mountainsun.
snow conditions
Martin., Try using this http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1
Post what you're looking for and let the owners come back to you with their best offers.
Don't be shy in asking for stuff that would make it perfect for you - remember shy bairns get nowt wink
I wanted free guiding with other chalet guests for the sociability factor and free transfers included... and I got it - and they added free ski hire (which I needed at that time) to secure the booking. Very Happy Good luck.
latest report
Nightcap wrote:
Martin., Try using this http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1
Post what you're looking for and let the owners come back to you with their best offers.
Don't be shy in asking for stuff that would make it perfect for you - remember shy bairns get nowt wink
I wanted free guiding with other chalet guests for the sociability factor and free transfers included... and I got it - and they added free ski hire (which I needed at that time) to secure the booking. Very Happy Good luck.

Sounds like a good site, thanks for the link.

Just waiting out on wether the last possible friend to go with will be back from Asia in time for season end.

If I need to go alone should I wait until the week before I go or get it booked in the next couple of days?
ski holidays
there is also a forum on Neilson holidays website . google ski solos chatroom .
if you aare willing to buddy up with a ramdom person , that is where you will most likely find someone
or try pistepals for PDS
latest report
Looks to be some good deals floating about on Chalets direct and cheap flights to GVA, so I think that is the way I'll go.
snow conditions
martin, last year I organised my own solo trip to Chamonix. Flights with sleazy to GVA......chamexpress transfer and Les Lanchers hotel, single room......half board ( food was excellent ).......all in was about 500 euros......
ski holidays
Martin., post up what you get on there please if poss snowHead
ski holidays
Martin., have a look at friendship holidays, they do a number of ski trips we came across them when staying at Mark Warner last season.
latest report
YSEski in Val D'isere are happy to put solos in a room if they can handle the possibility of someone possibly sharing it. My mate did it with them and ended up with a twin room on his own - luck of the draw I suppose.
snow conditions
Mark warner have some rooms set aside for single bookers , If you agree that you share the room with a same sex ramdon person.
You might get lucky and get a twin room all to yourself , and might get lucky.........................
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy