Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone know anything about Hotel Herzblut or Auwirt in Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,
planning a trip to Saalbach for a few days end feb.
given the lateness of the booking and the time of year most hotels are full except this one http://www.hotel-herzblut.at/.
it looks to have only been built in 2011 so reviews are non-existant and the website has some generic pics of happy people drinking in snow & ski scenes but only a handlful of the hotel itself.

is there anyone who may have stayed there or someone with "(ski)boots on the ground" know of it or about it ?

it looks to be a sister hotel to www.hotel-auwirt.at which also has availability but again little info.

dont know which is best or if its all too much of a gamble - any thoughts ?

thanks a lot
Nick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, but as it's in Austria I imagine it will be tip top. We were due to stay at the Glemmtalerhof in Hinterglemm but it burned down last week Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed in hotel auwirt 3 years ago and it was great - good value and excellent location close to the lft
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Herzblut is brand new, built last summer/autumn and only just completed in time for Christmas 2011, hence no reviews. About a 15 minute walk to the Schattberg lift (you'll struggle to get on a ski-bus even though they stop right outside), so not exactly a central location. For those who know Saalbach, the hotel is almost opposite the Capt'n Hook swimming pool, near to the Museum, on the road to Hinterglemm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
quinton, Do you think it would really take 15 minutes to walk from the Cap'n Hook/Museum area to the Schattberg Xpress lift station. From what you say, this new hotel sounds to be very near the Hotel Karlshof, which we stayed in when it used to be a First Choice chalet, and I used to reckon on about 5 mins to the lift - or is my memory letting me down? Anyway, the Auwirt is within a stone's throw of the Schattberg Xpress and the village centre, so it seems the preferable option, particularly in view of Simone, 's recommendation.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tatman's Tours: You were younger then Little Angel . Let's split the difference and say 10 minutes, as the Herzblut is indeed next to the Karlshof. And the Auwirt is even closer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy