Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, How do you use the Snowheads Website?

Poster: A snowHead
I love this time of year; the number of posts increases on my favourite website and I get really excited looking forward to my next skiing hol.

I usually check in the Piste forum, then Resort Reviews and then Equipment reviews. I don't tend to check out the other forums and was wondering if I'm missing out on some really interesting posts or forums.

So what does everyone else do when they visit Snowheads and how long do you tend to stay on the site when you visit?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swap nude pictures of each other Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Throw the odd insult.. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Run a bar
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eeyore, Ouch! Toofy Grin

SCollier1, I routinely log in on 'View your posts' to check on current threads I've posted in and then if I have time I then go on to 'Posts since your last visit' to look at new threads. I never have a clue which section of the site I'm posting in... although I suspect it's mostly Apres Zone.. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just view posts since last visit, and look at anything interesting.

All day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I view posts since last visit everyday. Site is banned at work so at home only. TBH I hardly ever log out.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy, Boredsurfing, + another one. But not quite all day.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It depnds soemwhat on the time of year and my plans.

When I am within a few weeks of a trip, I will almost always go first to the Snow Reports thread, looking at the weather outlook threads and any reports there might be for the resort I'm heading for.

Otherwise (or next), during the winter, I tend to look at The Piste and Resort Reports, then Apres.

I'll sometimes look in the Events and/or Solo Skiers V Groups boards, particularly when I'm in the planning stage for my next trip.

In summer I rarely look outside Apres.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hit the "posts since last visit", page through to the end (the oldest) then work my way back to the latest, opening threads that I've read or that look interesting. I think use "view your posts" in case I've missed anything that I've commented on

As a mod, i really need to be keeping an eye on all the forums, but TBH I've always done that Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt,
Quote:

through to the end (the oldest) then work my way back to the latest,

Yes, I do that too
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Use it for news, politics, economics, weather, general chat and gossip, and word games.

And sometimes for skiing stuff.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I never use the view the posts since last visit facility. I go to the boards and work my way through them checking which threads have updates and opening and reading those I want to - ignoring those I've no interest in. Regularly check, apres, buy and sell, equipment, BZK, the piste, and if I have an interest in something that is current Snow events. Rarely check the others unless something relevant is pointed out to me or I have a specific need.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whatever the method, it's super-annoying when thread titles are misleading. The title is what I really rely on, when deciding whether to open a new thread or not.
snow conditions
Like Megamum I never use the view posts since last visit - probably because I'm always logged in lol. Since my, erm, change of circumstances nearly 18 months ago I basically live in the Apres Zone, occasionally venturing out to Snow Events or the Piste and that's about it at the mo.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy