Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 - Need to avoid single Supp (Any takers - £359CA)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst looking around for a good last minute deal (a thing of the past it now seems) I came across a nice looking chalet in Les Arcs 2000 - Chalet Belette. I send a quick email off to Igluski, who I've had success with in the past, and enquire what the single supplement would be... I almost feinted at the sight. 100% of the per person rate. Some operator (I don't know who) is taking the proverbial. If it were room only, and nothing else, I could understand this. But I'm looking for a catered package - so, only one return flight, only one set of transfers, and only one set of meals. Why in God's name should I pay for two? I appreciate that margins are lower for solo travellers, so have resigned myself to paying supplements through the nose, but this was just a step too far and has actually wound me up a bit. To think that I was trying to get off skiing to unwind...

So, back to the drawing board. Sad

(EDIT: Now seeing if anyone wants to join me, the snow out in Les Arcs at the moment looks unbelievable).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 5-01-12 17:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No wonder you feinted. I would have whacked them myself.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blahblahblah, Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably because the TO is confident of selling out all spaces, so you are effectively stopping them from selling the other space, and with it losing profit. They don't really want your business.

Why not pay for two spaces, take two spaces, and sell one to someone for a discounted rate, or even better fill the space at half the total cost? Offer the other space for free to some nubile young thing off the internet or something. Find a positive out of it Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skisimon, they're not saving much, if any, in the way of sunk costs if you go on your own. they have bought the seats on the flight, they are paying the ski bum who will clean the room, the people working in the kitchen etc. they won't be making huge dents in their shopping lists either. You are trying to get a ski holiday on the cheap, they are trying to maximise their profit. And the snow is absolutely stupendous - so they will have seen a bit surge in enquiries. It's just a negotiation.

Probably some cheap deals going in the Dolomites, or the Pyrenees.... Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
'cos the food budget is probably about 30€ per week. If you ask nicely, maybe they'll give you 30€ off. Otherwise, all their costs are pretty-much the same whether they have one person in the room or two.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Always worth a google to see who the actual operator is looks like Total or their family arm Esprit (Saw good esprit deals on Iglu last year only to discover 2 males sharing not allowed as a family company) (Even tried the sexual equality bit but they weren't having it!!).

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.skitotal.com/AccommodationDetails.aspx%3FaccomId%3D3010%26airportCode%3DLGW&sa=U&ei=JNAFT7jOE4Wb-gbSiP3VAQ&ved=0CCIQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNHP0_KpMv-13AJ5stHioYRPT2YugQ

Good Luck
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's never a need to pay a single supplement when U have snowHeads - just state the deal and find someone who wants to go too that will room with U.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I am not trying to get a holiday on the cheap - I'm content to pay a supplement. Why should I have to pay twice the price that someone who has a friend or partner? I already subsidise all the 2 for 1 offers that the companies run of lift passes or ski hire etc.

Monium, they have two rooms (out of six), so a third of the whole chalet, available. If they can sell them both in the next 12 hours, then fair play to them. Though I'm now seriously considering your final suggestion... Shocked Laughing

If the costs are the same, then surely four people should be able to travel for the same price as two, same arguments apply... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, excellent point! (Shame I can't make the Birthday Bash - that would have been excellent, I might even have had the patience to wait for it).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skisimon, mountainsun or skiweekender? Much more reasonable sing-supps.

Or DIY to austria where there are zillions of single rooms (although not in chalets)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27, thanks for the tips, will keep an eye on those companies in the future. Found a good (single) deal in Austria, but was in quite a small resort.

oldmike, yes, I'm a bit unsure as to exactly who is running the chalet (I think you're right though, as Ski Total claim that they and their hosts run the chalet). Some sites that I've found it on say that children are not permitted outside of school holidays, whereas others suggest that you can only book if you have a child in the party. Iglu quoted me for going solo, so would have thought that the former were more likely to be correct (for this one, at any rate).

With admin's point in mind... Any takers for a trip to Les Arcs? Departs Gatwick on Sunday, £359 CA. (Provided, of course, that I can confirm it's a twin, not a double).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skisimon, don't do it - you will end up with a ghastly snoring snowHead and wish you were dead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As long as no-one urinates in a waste paper basket right next to my head... Shocked Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy