Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Price of a ski wax in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've got all the equipment to wax and edge my own skis, but I thought this year that time was running out to do it myself and I'll just get it done in resort (Tignes) on the day I arrive.

So I'm wondering how much is this going to cost, I've 2 sets of skis and a Snowboard.
(There not all mine)

Or should I just find the time and do them all myself.

2 pairs of skis last year took about 2 hours and a hell of a lot of mess and fumes Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just did two sets of skis (wax and edge) and a board (wax only) for EUR 50.

They quoted us a week (!) to do the work. I presume due to volume of work presenting a delay, rather than an actual 7-day task.

We went back on the specified collection day, half an hour before closing time to collect them. At which point they took them off the rack, and *began* doing the work while we stood there. It took them 10 minutes. Quite why they couldn't have done this when we took them in is a mystery, but hey - this is France!

Fiver a minute is a pretty steep rate as well, like a top-flight lawyer. These people must be *minted*.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
generally costs a bit less in France than in a ski shop in the UK. But still quite a lot more than doing it yourself! If you take them into a resort shop at close of lifts, you can generally pick them up in the morning.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off the top of my head in Le Lac the going rate is 10 euros for waxing and 18 euro's for edge and wax.

Usually leave them at the end of the day and they will be ready for 09.00 the next morning.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If they're done in a shop the waxing is done on a machine and doesn't give as good a finish as by hand. Edging more importantly in a shop takes a hell of a lot more off your edges that by hand, lessens the life of the skis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/4O5GUAtShiU all you need to know!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've everything apart from a Gummie Stone! is that really needed?

Although I've only got Green Datawax - which I pretty sure is substandard ski wax, but it was cheap Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I've everything apart from a Gummie Stone! is that really needed?

Useful to "clean up" the edges before starting and detune the ends afterwards but you can survice without.

If I was you I would find the time. Personally I find it incredibly theraputic and hand job is always better Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy