Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help- cheap as chips week 21st jan - ideas ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
suggestions please for a week for two poor uni students - d /room -europe & pref accessible from manc airport on 21st Jan for 7 days ( length and departure flexible)- if anyone knows of anything then much appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
limey off piste, you'll have more luck getting worth while suggestions if you can give some idea of your budget either including or excluding spending money-do you want an apartment so you can cook in or do you have the budget to eat and drink out?

In my experience the cheaperst flights are usually to Geneva this opens up plenty of resorts: http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Geneva_airport_transfers.html

All this is a bit academic though without knowing your budget and ski/board level. Chamonix is great, the draw backs have never bothered me, there plenty of cheap lodgings and the sliding is awesome. It's not without its drawbacks though like most places.

You may be better off trying to snag a last minute package deal, there's a thread running on here with deals. you could get a room in a catered chalet that way you can budget much easier and get most of your meals included and meet some like minded people if that appeals. Although France is cheaper to get to you mostly get what you pay for in terms of accom and generally food and drink prices are high. In Austria you'll pay more to get there usually but the eqivilent accomadation is higher qulaity IMO and food and drink prices are far more resonable.

You shouldn't struggle to get to anywhere from Manchester.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How cheap must the chips be?

I'm on a tight budget also and I've found that booking flights early and booking a chalet late is a decent way of saving a few sheckles.

Last year I got flights for less than £100 from Glasgow, chalet for £249 and £75 for the transfer.

I know going for a chalet might seem extravagant but the value soon becomes apparent when you consider that you don't have to bother about eating out or schleping out to the supermarket before producing a culinary disasterpiece. More importantly, Chalet wine is buckshee and, provided you learn the art of stealthily guzzling it down without looking like too much of a grousebeater, ensures that you're more than half pished before you need decide which pub to go to.

Alternatively you could get a late package for under or around the £300 mark - fool's enterprise.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grizwald, Its for my daughter who hopes to get a sneaky week in- budget about £350 ish but has skis/boots- guess B&B best although self catering no probs- good skier been since 4yrs old and 19 now- my thoughts were morzine ish or austria like soll or mayrhofen if travel reasonable as i agree eating/drinking much cheaper. time off from friday afternoon 20th and needs to be back by monday morning ( 30th)- will look for that thread thanks and thanks for replying
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sean1967 wrote:

I know going for a chalet might seem extravagant but the value soon becomes apparent when you consider that you don't have to bother about eating out or schleping out to the supermarket before producing a culinary disasterpiece. .

Meh, we survived on pasta and beans on toast for a week, if she's a student she should have no problem with the penny pinching diet Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

we survived on pasta and beans on toast for a week

my niece and BF had a terrific week in a hostel in Chamonix, living on baguettes. Super cheap.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
limey off piste, there's some obscenely cheap deals for this coming week to a variety of locations. Leave it late and book a half-board effort in a location of her choice.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crystal is doing ridiculous full and half-board deals to the likes of Bulgaria and Slovenia. Think it was something like £280 all-in....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy