Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two spaces available for Austrian Alps 19th Jan - Catered Luxury Chalet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have two spaces available in our mini-bus driving to the Austrian Alps on Thursday 19th Jan, (driving through the night), returning Sunday 29th Jan. We are skiing in Nassfeld, a fantastic resort, with a state of the art lift system, (Austria's best kept secret), for 10 days. Mixed ability and age range group, including 2 ski guides. One of our ladies has had to drop out so only one lady skier presently in group. Male or female welcome. We can also take luggage and skis/boards. Call if you wish for more details: Anthony on 07976 950856, or Annie: 07815 895970
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
annmoore1@googlemail.com wrote:
We have two spaces available in our mini-bus driving to the Austrian Alps on Thursday 19th Jan, (driving through the night), returning Sunday 29th Jan. We are skiing in Nassfeld, a fantastic resort, with a state of the art lift system, (Austria's best kept secret), for 10 days. Mixed ability and age range group, including 2 ski guides. One of our ladies has had to drop out so only one lady skier presently in group. Male or female welcome. We can also take luggage and skis/boards. Call if you wish for more details: Anthony on 07976 950856, or Annie: 07815 895970
sounds tempting to jump in the van with you guys..as ive skiid in nassfeld for a week before and
(yeahh sshhhoosh wink lets keep it secret) but most Definitely worth a return visit..
so if im available for those dates..how near me would your van be passing? im in east london/essex..
how much is it gonna cost ? my budget isnt that luxury...which town is the chalet..i will phone one of you for more details but just in the ballpark of ??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, Hi fella (you didn't give us a name),
The cost - including 6 day lift pass is £569 per head; that's 1/2 board, free wine with the meals, afternoon tea and all that kind of stuff. apparently, they have a jacuzzi among other attractions. This doesn't include getting there. Estimated cost per head for our 'bus ride' is £125-150 a head. (This includes chunnel/ferry, tolls, vignettes and insurance as well as fuel). Not sure of its exact location to the lifts, because I've booked this through a tour operator mate who lives in Bovec, which is where we're staying on Friday night. We move to the resort chalet Saturday AM.
It's irrelevant really as we have our own 8 seater VW Shuttle.
We were going to fly and pay for transfers at the other end, but the cost is prohibitive. It's not the flight ticket; it's the baggage! £80 per pair of skis or board and £50 per bag. So you think 'I know, I'll put 2 boards/2 pairs of skis in together'. No - they're ahead of you on that one - they just charge you DOUBLE! So then you think - 'Ok, I'll stick me clothes in the ski bag instead'. No, they've thought of that one as well. 'No clothing to be place in ski bags'. And they will check! Read RyanAir's small print.....anyway, that's why we're driving and we leave here (Tewkesbury) at 17.00 on Thursday, can pick up somewhere near M25 19.00 hrs-ish. We have to check-in at the chunnel 20.15 latest.
Regards............Anthony
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hello anthony..my names julie..i ski..and just for extra challenge also learning to board..
so yeah i would like to bring my skis and board and both boots..and clothes of course!!
i see what your saying re ryanair luggage rules.
and transport to and from lifts..all good..a long drive tho
the price seems pretty fair and i could definitely cover that..
M25 pick up would work for me..i could get a lift there no problem..
so looking better and bettter..
how many are in the group?
skiers? and boarders?
could i get my own room iin the chalet..?
i stayed before in Jenig and caught the bus into troppellach every day ~the square at the foot of the cable car, which takes you right up top...i skiid alot around Nassfeld, actually crossed the border into Italy one lunchtime..not entirely sure of all the runs but had a pretty good go at most, as well as the half pipe! and a few jumps!!
so..you say theres 2 guides with you?..presumably expert level?
i went with brilliant boarders, but as they couldnt ski, i went off solo...this was great but could have done with some company at times..anywayz>i liked it..
this is why im so tempted to come again..i'm pretty much talkiing myself into it as i type...so excuse the rambling
ive got your phone number...we should talk
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
later..
jules
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Julie, Yes, let's talk; that's going to be far easier than going through a diatribe on this site. I'm all over the place today, but you can get me on 07976 950856 at any time during the day. If you want to leave it until the evening, the home number is: 01684 298533, but I'm chairing a meeting tonight at 7.30 to do with the Tewkesbury annual classic car rally, so I won't be around until 10.00-ish. Best phone ASAP and we can sort out what's what.
You sound like the ideal candidate and I think would fit in well with the group. there will be 8 of us in all, assuming you decide to join us - all skiers as such, (although I learned to snowboard some years ago). My sons are pretty handy too, both phenominal skiers and we have a Brummie couple coming by air, who are intermediates, (Gary and Gaynor; Gary's a scream - he'll have you in stitches!). Then there's me and an 'old codger' mate of mine, but we're pretty handy too.
I've just bought a new VW Shuttle 8 seater; very comfy with only 6 - and it's long wheel base, so you can bring the kitchen sink if you like, (but please don't!)..However, just give me a call as soon as you can. .....Best regards...............Anthony
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh Julie - one other thing. The other girl coming is Richard's girl friend Stephanie. She's 24, so is Rich. Tom's 18; they're my sons. Richard and I are both ski guides and Tom has done quite a bit mainly in Les Arcs. We've guided in Tignes, Les Arcs, the 3 Valleys and a couple of other resorts.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the ryanair flight to klagenfurt.. actually is real handy for me, being as i'm so near stansted and works out return only £150 with one 20kg ski equipment..
so thinking re the long haul drive..c ould you give me a bigger break on the fuel bill?
have you got a webaddress or a link i could check the chalet , location..?
i will send jpeg to your phone..so you can see who i am
jules

http://db.intermaps.com/im/skimaps/nassfeld
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.nassfeld.at/de/winter/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Jules - Easier and quicker to talk, please phone! I spoke to RyanAir over the ski/snowboard/baggage issue, because as previously stated, we were going to fly - and you'd think that 20kgs of ski gear would cover everything adequately, but they won't let you bung it all in together; I know, I tried to argue it out with them.
For instance: they regard your boots, particularly ski boots, as another bag, so you could probably put both ski and board boots together, but if you shove skis and a board in a bag, they'll either make you separate them, or they'll charge you double. The worry is, you'll get to Stanstead and find them lumping another £150 on your bill. And then there's your clothing - that's another bag! They did it to me coming back from Ireland 2 years ago and last year, flying out to France, one of our party had to unload a pair of powder skis and leave them behind with the guy that dropped him off at the airport for exactly that reason.
when I put the costs together for our team to fly from Stanstead; with 2 pairs of skis, a boot bag with 2 pairs of boots crammed in and one of luggage, the cost of each flight was £321.00. BA were actually cheaper at £319.00 with no baggage charge, but they don't land at Klagenfurt. Venice was the nearest.
Then there's the transfer from Klagenfurt to Nassfeld. That'll set you back another 35 euros. In the end - it aint gonna be cheap unless you fly naked!
Michael O'Leary has got you every way!
If you really want to fly, I'll team you up with Gary and Gaynor Morris; they're flying from Stanstead but they're not bringing any kit with them, so their flights are about £120 -ish I think and I'll arrange pick-up in Klaggo for you................BUT

BUT.............The overnight drive is really not too bad; we do it all the time and there are some serious benefits to go along with it! I'll explain:
We leave UK on the 20.50 Chunnel and set off on French soil at 22.25 their time. We blitz it down to Reims and across to Metz and up to Strasbourg before dawn to miss all the traffic. We have a break and driver change, then leg it through Germany and into Austria. The scenery through Austria into the Alps is breathtaking (see, you miss all that if ya fly) - and with a bit of luck and a following wind we'll arrive at our Friday night stop in Slovenia mid afternoon. We then go out on the town Friday night in Bovec, where the beer is so cheap, you can get completely shredded for less than a fiver!
Our overnight stop in Bovec is £30 and in the morning we head off to Nassfeld, where we'll get an extra day's skiing in before Gary and Gaynor arrive from Klaggo.
Now, everyone on board, except my son Tom (student, so he's got no money), is bunging £150 into the kitty for the bus ride, BUT, as a concession - and you must not mention this to any of them, I'll take you for £120, which gives you the £30 for the Friday night stop. So you're still getting there for £150 all in, but you're getting a night out in Slovenia and an extra day in resort..
Over to you Jules...................Best regards.............Anthony
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One other thing, I haven't seen the chalet or its location, but Chris Franklin (my mate in Bovec) knows I'm fussy, so it'll be the 'rats pyjamas'.He runs a company called Hucksters - and they do have a web-site, but it won't include Nassfeld, because he set this one up especially for us. I'll see whether I can get any chalet details, but I've been dealing with him for 14 years now and he hasn't let me down yet, so I just leave it to him and turn up. I think it's not far from the lifts, but we've got transport so it doesn't matter really.........................Anthony
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want to check it out on-line, it's PENSION SONNLEITN in Nassfeld itself, 300 yards from the lifts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Actually that's cobblers - i've just checked it out on Google Earth - it's in Jenig, which is about a mile from the lifts at Tropolach, but there's a free ski bus 200 yards from the chalet door (apparently) quite regularly, if we want to use it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy