Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which bindings for whitedot skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just bought some whitedot directors, and I'm taking them out to St Anton this weekend for two weeks. Can anyone recommend bindings to put on them?

I already have marker barons on my salomon ladies, so I don't really want another binding with walk mode, as I'd probably still use my ladies if i was going to be touring, being lighter than the directors. Ideally I'll be looking for something a little less expensive than the barons. Also, where should I ask for them to be mounted?

I'm a fairly strong advanced (but not expert) skier with one full season under my belt and multiple weeks in the alps. I ski mainly off piste and am comfortable in most terrain and conditions apart from very very steep. I'm 5 ft 6 and 60kgs.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there, personally both myself and Nina have Marker Jester Schizo's which make for a very versatile setup if youre into any freestyle aswell...if not then you could do worse than Tyrolia's Peak range (Peak 15 is bomber and light). VIST bindings I've used for years, are some of the best on the market and personally I don't think you could ask for more from a binding (I'd ask spyderjon 'bout them as he's the VIST man in the UK right now).

As for the mounting point, what size Director's have you got, what are they replacing (in other words, and no offence if youre a guy, were they so called "female specific" skis), and do you want them to be purely for off piste or BC and piste jib skis??

Cheers, Paul
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got Look p18s on mine at the moment and they do the job. Have had Vist 412s and 614s as well. I think it would be difficult to go too far wrong...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. The directors are a 178, they are replacing my Salomon ladies, which despite the name are not female specific, just Lord's with different graphics (I am a girl though!)

I will be mainly off piste and back country but will be using them on piste in resort in between off piste. If I'm going to be skiing more on piste for whatever reason then I'll probably use my other skis (depending on how I get on with the directors.)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if your not jibbing, bang them on the FR line, if you want a slightly better turn initiation (the mounting point for the ladies is further foward then the lord), then just infront of that is a .5cm smaller marking....you can go up to the BCJ line without toooo much damage to the float in pow....happy skiing and let us all (WDF that is Blush ) know how you get on! Doc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lovessnoow, I ski on Mantras normally, and have just bought Redeemers and have had quiver killers installed by Jon Ski Tuning and they are brilliant, skid long weekend mid Dec in St A and they were awesome. You only need take one set bindings and can move to other pair of skis in 10 mins max. I ski Marker Dukes, my wife is on Auras and when she gets her Directors next season she'll be on QK's with Marker F12 Tours for both. She's also your height and weight. Worth thinking about? Why mot just stick with your Barons for both? I'm not sure if you'll have time for getting this don though??

Hope this helps?! You'll love the WD's, and won't stop laughing!!

Enjoy all that powder, don't track it all out......leave some for us, we get there 27th. Enjoy and be safe! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy