Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Voice of Treason, I was wondering when you'd show up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr John wrote:
JustJill, Yes, really. Everyone is ignoring the fact that there were two women in the pool, one of them an multiple olympic medal winner, injury free, at the top of her game, with very little reason to bow to pressure to do the piece if she didn't want to. They're both international skiers which almost by definition makes them feisty, extrovert, strong willed and not a little mad. They re also great mates, and I think the pool/snow/bikini thing demonstrated all those qualities.

Fair point. And Googling the two names together brings up an image that confirms their friendship (parallel conversation on FB). However, it does still bother me that this is the easiest way for female sportspeople to raise their profile. Which isn't to say that the boys don't use their "charms" to get publicity too. It just tends to be a little less obvious and on celebrity programmes rather than sports ones.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Voice of Treason wrote:
Dudes

ffs stop covering for Chemmy
and sucking up just because she has turned up at HH a couple of times
she is milking it for the cash
Jenny came over much better
and is a winner too

ok bye

Dude

Go away your the most annoying troll on here. I'm sure she did it for the money. She is a really nice looking girl having a bit of fun with her girl friend
Get over it

Ok, bye, toodlepip!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ricklovesthepowder, cup cake

'you're' right
on all accounts

but

all this 'the BBC must have forced her'
is bullysh!t

ok bye
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Sunday was on tonight. I disked it. Fantastic athleticism from lifelong athletes. We hear that a British chalet maid has a chance at the boarding slopestyle in next olympics. She blew her knee before actually doing any competition but apparently she's a medal hope.
Chemmy and Julia had some girly giggles snowbathing by the pool in bikinis. The two grizzled presenters are still being professional to camera and interviewing Benni Raich casting him as obiwan to some upcoming austrian's Luke. Guys star wars is nearly 40 years old. It may have been formative in your youth but it happened a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JustJill, That's life I'm afraid, but it's very vey very mild compared to mainstream sexual exploitation. To see that, all you have to do is switch to bbc or itv any Saturday night. Gross hyper-sexualisation of teenage girls (and boys) in the highest rated tv programmes in the country. 15 seconds of bikini clad sport women on a minor interst tv show early evening on bbc2 doesn't really compare to the utterly insulting reality/talent shows.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 8-01-12 20:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Voice of Treason wrote:
'the BBC must have forced her'
is bullysh!t

Who said that???? No one!!!
Get over yersel'

[Note to self: must remember not to feed the trolls...]
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SkiPresto wrote:
...She blew her knee...

Suddenly I'm jealous of a knee... Will footage of this will be shown next on next weeks episode? Toofy Grin

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 8-01-12 20:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ermm.. can we talk about the skiing now?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JustJill,

rob@rar wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
- what was the point of it?
Maybe that's what the programme makers wanted? Perhaps she didn't have much choice in the matter?

ok bye
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Voice of Treason,
much <> any

So what did you think of the downhill racing? Fancy posting a prose poem about that too?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whatever she does, she will branded by some as a blonde babe doing down the famale race - give her a break. It's not the first time she's been in a bikinin and swimming pool with Jules, so it's hardly a "for TV event"; she obviously like romping in the snow with sexy lady skiers - i for one would also recommend it

What's Douguie Crawford done lately - i can't remember his last high quaility journalistic piece to camera. I bet if he had the chance he would do whatever he could to be momorable to a big BBC TV audience

P.S. I thnik it shoudl be illagel for female skiers to have BFs that are international skiers - what chance do the rest of us have Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chemmy has dedicated her life to skiing at world cup level and risks death every start. If she can get 100x the coverage from pssg around with Essex girls and boys on ice and diving bikini-glad in snow then that says more about lowest common denominator Brit TV audiences than her talent. She should be presenting SS along with a team that can present the worldcup level as superhuman achievement. I heard the commentator describing a world cup athlete making a superhuman recovery on a steep slope at 60 mph "he skied that gate like a novice and lost 1/500 of a second". And we wonder why the Continentals think the Brits are arrogant.
Chemmy is the bravest woman I know of. Downhill speeds are 4x punter speeds. The forces increase by squarelaw. That means the forces are 16x punter skiing. Its about time the support went to athletes not chaletmaids and Essex girl showbiz wanna b.
skipresto
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I had a swift hand shandy during the bikini scene and feel more relaxed that most of you seem to be.

Chummy was chunkier than I remembered.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do I take it we have the odd feminist on here? Or just a bit of envy Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Hey I'm against sexploitation but his Chem and Jules in the hotel pool is what you'd have seen if you'd been a pool guest too. They were having fun. At least Bell and his Boarder pal knew better than to dive in and provoke transgenerational outrage. Smile
ski holidays
Shyte! Just been forced into seeing her crash on dancing on ice, up to now have done my best to avoid watching it, thanks ITV! Shocked
latest report
@Justjill you have me captivated thinking about prose poems.
You ski and think poetry?
ski holidays
gatecrasher, Spoiler, haven't watched it yet Evil or Very Mad

JustJill, it took 17 posts
Quote:

Do I take it we have the odd feminist on here? Or just a bit of envy
snow conditions
halfhand, well at least you now have a choice apologies!
latest report
Voice of Treason,
Quote:

ok bye

nob
snow report
livetoski wrote:
Some great skiing but sorry the best bit was Julia and Chemmy in the snow by the pool Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

+1 for that
ski holidays
gatecrasher, Now watched - not a fun way to break a leg (that scream of pain) Crying or Very sad. Thought she did ok with the skating and clearly the judges thought so. She seems to be a decent skater and doesn't seem to be holding back. Got to get over the mental block of jumping tho'. She gets my vote Laughing
snow report
halfhand, Mine too!
latest report
What's the problem? She likes a laugh, so does her mate Jules, and who would blame the producers for showing it? Would anyone, male or female, not want to get pissed in a Courchevel hotel with Chemmy and jump in a pool? Really?
latest report
JustJill wrote:
Voice of Treason, So what did you think of the downhill racing? Fancy posting a prose poem about that too?

the top Brit chic skier is quite nice
but ended up with her leg in a splice
she lost all her dough
is now bikini clad in the snow
and gets her arsse out on 'Dancin on Ice'

ok bye
snow conditions
Voice of Treason, stalked her on two shows in one day! Join the club wink
snow report
rogg, I can also recommend The Chain (Grand Prix theme tune) as a great motivator during take off!
As for the pool frolliking I recall Ski Sunday showing a naked male (viking type) skier (from behind) a couple of yeras ago so I guess this evenings episode evens things out!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
halfhand, I think if she can't get her mind around the jumping issue for the ice competition she won't be able to do it ski racing either, her blog suggests that that DOI will be good mental recovery and I can understand that, though I sincerely hope she doesn't injure herself further in the competition.

As for her enjoying some swimming in a bikini and rolling in snow, why the hell not? She's got a body many women would be proud of, and it shows her having some fun, she must spend a lot of time in the public eye, why on earth shouldn't she let of steam occasionally and not mind us all seeing it? We don't wander round all the beaches in holiday resorts moaning at the general public who want to sport a bikini - and lets face it many of them can't carry it off as she can. I can't see the problem in it myself. If you've got it flaunt it. Says me in shapeless jeans and a baggy jumper!!
snow report
Quote:

and sucking up just because she has turned up at HH a couple of times

Laughing
snow conditions
SkiPresto wrote:
Ski Sunday was on tonight. I disked it. Fantastic athleticism from lifelong athletes. We hear that a British chalet maid has a chance at the boarding slopestyle in next olympics. She blew her knee before actually doing any competition but apparently she's a medal hope.

SkiPresto, Dude what are you on about? Jenny Jones is double x-games gold medalest and won silver last year!

The Olympics will prob come out with some stupid juding system that totally goes against what slopestyle stands for but I'd say she is favorite to win win gold not just in with a chance!
snow report
SkiPresto, here I'll do your research for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Jones_(snowboarder)

Just click on Jenny Jones (snowboarder) (born 1980), British pro snowboarder

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 8-01-12 23:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
halfhand wrote:
I think the interview with Mancuso is a way taking her first tentative steps in a post ski racing career. Girls gotta start somewhere

Yep, seemed that way - hedging her bets methinks
snow report
Great thread - Snowheads Gold Laughing
Have I missed Ski Sunday then ? Was it any good ?
ski holidays
manicpb wrote:
SkiPresto, here I'll do your research for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Jones_(snowboarder)

Just click on Jenny Jones (snowboarder) (born 1980), British pro snowboarder

Or perhaps you might like to watch:

http://youtube.com/v/ovYfoYA1rrc
snow report
manicpb, yes alright, enough already! Have you got nothing of her in bikini?
snow conditions
SkiPresto wrote:
... Bell and his Boarder pal ....

You mean Satan Whoppercock? Former UK air guitar champion? I'm liking Bell and Leigh more and more but it's a partnership that I feel works better when they're doing a feature about them doing something and not just presenting segments and race coverage.... Smile

All in all, I liked today's programme and although I enjoy the competitive skiing, I feel it took up too large a portion of the time. Good interviews though, liked the one with JJ, and it was good to see them covering 'current' events in the shape of Billy Morgan's epic BS rodeo.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 8-01-12 23:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Tarquin wrote:
Great thread - Snowheads Gold Laughing
Have I missed Ski Sunday then ? Was it any good ?

If your homosexual and dont like winter sports then you will hate it. However, if you like skiing and hot bikini clad stunners flirting around a pool and rolling in snow, your in luck!!! For what it's worth, I'm on my 5th watching of it now since 6pm Toofy Grin
snow report
red 27 wrote:

Try this link!

http://www.arrse.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=53418&d=1319302504

Sorry, that's Chemmy. Jenny Jones would never sink that low!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 8-01-12 23:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
manicpb wrote:
red 27 wrote:

Try this link!

http://www.arrse.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=53418&d=1319302504

Sorry, that's Chemmy. Jenny Jones would never sink that low!

In fact, she really wouldn't! Look through Google images yourself:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=674&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Jenny+Jones+snowboarder&oq=Jenny+Jones+snowboarder&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3264l6455l0l8170l12l12l0l9l9l0l243l700l2-3l3l0

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 8-01-12 23:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy