Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quebec ski areas seek $500 million to upgrade their appeal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Quebec Ski Areas Association has just committed itself to finding 500 million Canadian dollars to fund improvements to their skiing. The aim is to reverse the declining fortunes of over 80 Eastern Canadian ski stations and bring new young skiers into the sport.

This report (in French) from LaPresseAffaires.
Website of the Quebec Ski Areas Association: click here.

Western Canada - the provinces of British Columbia and Alberta - tends to attact more success, international tourism, and investment in its resorts.

Anyone skied Eastern Canada? What did you think?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I imagined that the Quebec area would be quicker to reach than Alberta and other points west, but it seems that both are c 9hrs from Manchester.

Id guess that flights to Quebec would track up Scotland, over Iceland and approach via southern Greenland as the western Canada bound flights do. Surely western Canada would still be further away than eastern Canada?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T-Dub wrote:
I imagined that the Quebec area would be quicker to reach than Alberta and other points west, but it seems that both are c 9hrs from Manchester.

Id guess that flights to Quebec would track up Scotland, over Iceland and approach via southern Greenland as the western Canada bound flights do. Surely western Canada would still be further away than eastern Canada?

It's quicker, but you fly against the jetstream on the way out, so it is about 8/9 hours. But it's only about five hours coming back.

Resorts are small (in skiing terms), but interesting and numerous. Runs tend to be short by european standards and the weather is usually very cold. I think Tremblant is the biggest resort they have, and it's where I went. Glad I've been, but wouldn't break my neck to go again.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill wrote:

Resorts are small (in skiing terms), but interesting and numerous. Runs tend to be short by european standards and the weather is usually very cold. I think Tremblant is the biggest resort they have, and it's where I went. Glad I've been, but wouldn't break my neck to go again.

Got to agree. For someone who had not been to Quebec before it made for a good holiday, particularly when combined with some sightseeing in Quebec City during their winter "Bonhomme Carneval" period. The view of the frozen St Lawrence from the ski slopes of Le Massif also ranks in my view as one of the ten best ski views in the world. However, having been skiing in Quebec once, in future if I were to fly acroos the Atlantic for a ski trip it would be to the Rockies or the Sierras.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy