Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone else sense it?

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, it won't be long now before the season starts up again (here in the northern hemisphere, of course!), all those worries that only we skiers/snowboarders feel will come flooding back, like the fact that we'll be checking the snow reports for our chosen resort every day religiously even though we're not due to arrive there for two months! Laughing

But I'm looking forward to it! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I go to WHSmiths every day looking for skiing magazines. There are already a couple of boarding mags., but nothing for us yet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
76 days according to the countdown on my computer, and webcams at Les Arcs and Tignes available simply by squeezing my mouse.

I'm not obsessed, of course. Just keen you understand. Twitch.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This morning was a REAL autumn morning in london..... you can smell the autumn air which means the season is getting closer!!!

(its back to summer at lunchtime - but this morning was good.....)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, How do you get a countdown on your computer? I've wanted to do this for some time for the same reason.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the equinox is the real gateway to autumn.. 22nd of sep.. but the real run in starts when the clocks go back, thats when you can almost taste the snow
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And I don't get to ski until March, seeing as I probably won't be going to the pre-season bash Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was dark when I went to gym this morning at 6am. Always a good sign.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup, dark when the alarm went off this morning. Gym at 6am???? Shocked You're good! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michael B, I use a Macintosh which has a feature called Dashboard where you can add little utilities called Widgets. There are a wide range of Widgets available, including a whole range of countdown utilities. I also have an excellent webcan viewer which just displays the (re-sizeable) webcam picture rather than the entire webpage. All of the Dashboard Widgets run in the background and are instantly available by squeezing the sides of my mouse Smile

Not sure if there are similar utilities for Windows, but I guess there would be.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michael B wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, How do you get a countdown on your computer?

If you're running Windows, grab this HTML document:
http://demo.hyweljenkins.com/Countdown.htm

Change the values on line 15 (setcountdown(2005,02,13,06,00,00)) so that they match your holiday date/time (YYYY,MM,DD,HH,MM,SS). Also change the top and width values on line 40 so that it fits on your screen.

Use it as your Windows background image.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hyweljenkins, rob@rar.org.uk, Thanks both. PC - XP for me!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I sometimes think skiing's the only thing that keeps me within a reasonable definition of sane. I love spring - spring skiing, long terrasse lunches, mushy bumps and the first miniskirts of summer (to admire I hasten to add, not to wear myself!). I love lazing on beaches so summer's great and slothful but now...

The night's are drawing in and I'm really looking forward to the soft touch of modern breathable fabrics gently wicking away any discomfort.

Ahhh, polartec. Ahhh, goretex.

Ahhh, that moment when you get back into ski boots for the first time and your feet realise summer was once again but a brief respite before reality bites with an over tightened buckle.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh er...!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Plenty more golf to be played yet
snow conditions
huh. i'm still sailing as it gets colder... snowHead and colder... Skullie till i can't feel my fingers or toes!
Never had that with skiing.
Can't wait till winter! Cause for much snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, CSJ, just wait, it happens...not too much hopefully!
latest report
It was still a lovely Summer morning up in Durham, but isn't it getting dark early.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy