Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gutted been let down, urgently need accomodation and transfer, jan 7th CHEAP!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any sugestions? Its all gone bad. I was booked to go to Chatel catered ski in out for £280 and 45 euro for return transfer from Geneva. But Chalet has taken a booking for 13 people and pushed me out. theyhave offered to move me to Argetiere where I can have same deal although would have Chalet to myself (boring) I dont like the look of Argentiere, lot of bus rides.

I really cant stretch my budget. Sad Sad Sad

Crying is not helping, can any of you?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
youngeratheart, that is absolutely beyond the pale isn't it.... you can come to us and have one of our rooms... but we don't go back till the Sunday, which I think is the 8th. We don't have anyone staying at all as we need to have a break... back at home for four days to muck-out here then back to LG.
Will e mail you. Don't expect you want to stay with two old duffers but it may help for bit! Can't believe that peope can do that to you. P
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
youngeratheart, that's c**p. If you had a confirmed / paid for booking I think you should name & shame!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pamski, That so kind of you to offer, I am madly hunting at the moment, I am sure you do need your break so I'll keep hunting, cant believe the day I've had. New windows fitted today builder recommended by a friend, so happy to let them in to get on with it, get home to find a gale blowing in through approx inch square hole top and bottom Shocked
I think I may have followed you home on tues does your reg no end in X? coming back from midhurst a big 4x4 turned up your road Puzzled

stevew, to be fair I said he could move me to another of his Chalet if need be, he has another SC inChatel and one in Morzine. But I never thought he would ask me to go to another place altogether, Morzine is still PDS no comparison to the the Chamonix un linked area, I think I' ve been spoiled, I dont want to get on buses to get places I thought I was going skiing rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevew wrote:
youngeratheart, that's c**p. If you had a confirmed / paid for booking I think you should name & shame!

Exactly this. That is shocking.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
youngeratheart, no nothing ending in an X! We returned from Gatwick last night in my rather scruffy Ibiza - other car left at GVA airport, but still not a big 4x4.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, Got your email, Thanks. I'll keep my hopes up, There is an offer for Morzine, would seem ok but its a real comfort to have a back up plan.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
youngeratheart, can't help I'm afraid (wrong end of the Alps, besides being fully booked and not where you want to be...) but sorry to hear about this. Fingers crossed you'll find something. Pamski, such a kind offer Very Happy Les Gets would certainly be a lovely alternative.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
youngeratheart, FWIW I'd take Argentiere over Chatel any day of the week plus a few days they haven't named yet.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevomcd, Why?

I have spent most of the evening emailing to try and sort myself out, so I havn't done any in depth reserch, first impressions were, looks like a great place if you can ski off piste as well as on, I am a total beginner in powder, the little I tried on my last couple of trips was knackering, I am quite fit but not powder fit, and I have a semi final to ride at a month after I return so dont really want to take any extra risks. I can afford some lessons so I should look at that side of it.

Biggest downer for me is bussing to and from all the areas, I hate busses. get quite clostrophobic on them. also waste of valuable ski time. Also looks like you need the full area pass and its quite expensive, considering its not linked.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You have direct access (no buses!) to Les Grands Montets, which is a fantastic ski area although best for more advanced skiers. It's a short bus to le Tour which is great for all levels.

But as you say, Chamonix is all about the off-piste.

I'd offer you a room with us, but don't think I could match £325 inc. transfer!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you heard of these guys see below link very cheap accomodation in tignes

http://www.thetigneschaletcompany.com/price_chalet_lavachet.html
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hyia , don´t know if i can be of many help but i still have 1 , maybe 2 beds available self-catering chalet in Tignes Les Breviéres from 9 to 14 of january snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
youngeratheart, did you get sorted?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thankyou for all your sugestions. Sorry for the delay, my laptop went down. Probably down to over use in two days before I went skiing Laughing

To update, I had the best week skiing of my life, Great snow, sun lovely Chalet, Chalet le Dragon in Chapelle D'Abondance. I met up with some friends of a friend who were in a Chalet 200m away to ski a couple of days, and had some fantastic instruction from Thierry Saloum ex racer at Pre la Joux. I have been down the small, (not the extra small)! jumps in the Avoriaz snow park, played thru the trees in the 'Stash' and down the black world cup run. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

jony azenhas, Love Tignes and Les Brevieres would me my choice for accomodation, perhaps next year.

stevomcd, Still might get around to one of the bunks by the stairs in your Chalet, must learn powder one day! trouble is I am always solo so am restricted to piste mostly.

Thanks again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy