Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent help! anyone who has experience of Argentiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi please please help, What is this place like? I was booked to go to Chatel but the chalet company have just emailed to say they want to move me (solo, on a too good to be true deal) to Argentiere because they have recieved a booking for 13 people. I'm gutted Sad

I have had a quick lookat the ski area and looks to me as if there is lots of bus riding for more Euro's than chatel ski pass. Perhaps if your an off piter better, I am not.

What should I do????????????
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you don't like off piste skiing you'll be in the wrong place in Argentiere. Ask them to come up with a better offer. Did you book Chatel or was it a lucky dip last minute? If you did book it, insist on somewhere else in Chatel and see what they come up with.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stop being a loser.

Tell them you want to stay in Chatel or you want lots of compensation for emotional distress.

Stand firm.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
youngeratheart, I sympathize - I'd feel the same. If they absolutely won't let you stick with your original deal (and they have some small print entitling them to do that) ask for your money back.

There are any number of resorts with terrific snow at the moment, and you should be able to book something more suitable with no trouble.

When are you travelling?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi agian Thanks all of you, I have now spoken to them and I can still have the Argentiere or my money back. Fair deal, It turns out I would be in the chalet with two staff but otherwise just me! except a day or two.

I am now in search of another deal. If anyone has any ideas. I am going to post in the solo to see what comes up. Thing is i was offered chalet catered for £280 but will still need transfer from Geneva on sat 7th morning. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
youngeratheart, does that include flights? Good deal, if so. You could do Le Tour from Argentiere - or, further afield, get a bus to Brevent/Flegere or Les Houches.

Are you going to be on your own? What I'd do in that position, in an unfamiliar area, is sign up for a ski coaching course of some kind - maybe even an introduction to off piste, if that appeals? there are loads of snowheads familiar with Chamonix who could recommend something.

transfers to Chamonix aren't a problem.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Not flights but I thought still a good deal, I am going to have some lessons, well was going to but I dont have enough saved to cover a course.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not the best like for like swap but...Argentiere is a good place to tag along with someone you were speaking to in a bar the previous night. So as a solo skier/boarder it's not a bad place to go. They may suddenly drop into something dodgey though so you might want to leave them after the first 2 or 3 runs!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Argentiere's not that bad, people like to whinge about having to get busses between the areas but that's only because everyone's been spoilt by ski in/ski out, they hardly take long. It's hardly a massive hassle. Personally didn't bother me too much, in fact I quite liked having different areas with different character.

You can get up to Le Tour easily which has great beginner/intermediate skiing, and Les Houches isn't bad either.

If it's a better deal than you can get for anywhere else I'd say go for it, you'll still have a great time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy