Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See - Schools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully someone will be able to help here! Heading out to Schmitten on 7th Jan and staying in Zell am See (no spaces, sorry for those who are looking!) and the O/H wants to get a lesson or two to find her feet as she's only skied on indoor snow before.

Any recommendations for a school where I can get one or two days of lessons for her; or if that's even going to be possible on arrival?

Thanks for any advice Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Though we never used them for us, as adults, we did use them for both of our children and both we and they were very happy :- http://www.ski-zellersee.com/Home.764.0.html?&L=1
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have a look at www.outdo.at
right in the centre of Zell opposite the city express lift.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. The "outdo" site looks good as they offer a recreational group standard - just need to find out if they do single days!

Has anyone got any experience with http://www.sport-alpin.at or http://www.ski-zellamsee.at?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My son used the zellamsee school a couple of years ago - v good. I and a mate also had a private lesson for a couple of hours a few years back - again, a v good instructor.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like my O/H be spoilt for choice of schools when I get out there next week! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Syx wrote:
Sounds like my O/H be spoilt for choice of schools when I get out there next week! Very Happy

If she really wants the lessons, I'd be on the phone now rather than waiting till in resort. Unless she fancies a day skiing first to decide if she wants lessons, which invariably she won't, but realistically (making an assumption on experience here) she should.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess the problem is that we're arriving late on the Saturday so not sure if she'll want a lesson first thing on Sunday. Still, better to book it and then have to cancel then not be able to book when there so I'll take the advice!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Byron Gates wrote:
have a look at www.outdo.at
right in the centre of Zell opposite the city express lift.

My wife used these for a days refresh, shw was pleased with the service she received
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Booked her in at the zellamsee school for Monday - they were the only ones with a slot available on the Monday morning so thanks for the heads up on booking now ansta1 Smile

Thanks for all your input guys - been a great help and I'm sure my wife will very much appreciate the confidence boost the lesson will provide. I think she's overexcited to be honest!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the help - booking in advance was a winner as the lessons were full when we got there and can now highly recommend the Ski Schule Zell am See (http://ski-zellamsee.at/). Their office is directly under the cityXpress lift and not only do their instructors speak English, half of them are from England!

Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy