Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breakout Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been on any of the breakout ski holidays? Would you be able to tell me what they are like? I am not a student but I am really tempted to book as it is so cheap!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been on the Risoul trip for the past two years, and both weeks were great. The accommodation was fairly basic but still had everything we needed (kitchen, bathrooms etc) and the resort was great. Our lift pass was valid for the whole ski area, which I thought was pretty good for the price, and the ski area was really decent.
The guys who were running the trips were really friendly and they were great before the trip too - we booked as quite a large group the second time around, and between us all they must have got a fair few emails, but they were always pretty quick to reply.
As for the travel, the bus journey wasn't as bad as I expected since it was mostly overnight so I slept through most of it - especially on the way back! In terms of departure times etc it was all quite punctual both times - it's all a bit chaotic at London Victoria because of the sheer volume of people going on various ski trips, but they have reps there and once you're at the gate it's all quite straightforward.
Nightlife in Risoul was not as eclectic as some other places I've been. There's a couple of biggish places where we had drink discounts arranged, and then after 2am there's the 'discoteque' which serves up vastly overpriced drinks and plenty of cheesy music. It's the people who make it though, and we had a few really good nights. Last time around they organised an evening bbq for €3 or €4 each, and another night one of the reps was pouring free beer for everyone for a couple of hours.
Most of the people on the trip were students, but not all (we weren't - we were all 23-26). Most people were really friendly and you see all the same people in the bars each night so we made a few friends.
All in all, brilliant trip - amazing price! And great people/service. I'd be keen to try out another resort next time though, now that I've done Risoul twice.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy