Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Research on the use of helmets

Poster: A snowHead
northernsoulboy wrote:
Big Paua, Allan Border - Aussie cricket captain of 20 years or so back.

It won't catch on, but it makes me chuckle.

I love this sort of thing. "We" used to say "It's totally Phil" when referring to a warmish day, when there was no need for any outerwear.

i.e. No Jacket Required.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Done, but I would also like to have added comments somewhere as am still in two minds about helmet wearing. Will probably start wearing one this year as I make my children and they can definitely make a difference (fell off a horse and hit my head on a rock which left a large dent in my riding hat). My concern is about some people who wear them thinking they're invincible and becoming a danger to others.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Done but I disagree that it is a balanced survey. To me it came across as biased towards helmets only being a force for good. It didn't ask if you thought your chance of injury could be increased by wearing one yourself or by being surrounded on piste by others wearing them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
done
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flowa, that depends entiirely on the question it is asking. A survey doesn't have to explore all possibilities equally. Few are balanced.

If the aim is just to look at when people wear helmets, what the barriers to people wearing helmets are, and whether those who had them thought the helmet had protected them, it is fine...

Most surveys we see here are asking too many questions, are poorly worded and structured.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done. +1 for a well thought out set of questions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done - only people of a moronic persuasion don't wear helmets. The more we can influence/educate these people can only be a cause for the common good.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done.

ukleah, are you going to publish the results?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbandit wrote:
Done - only people of a moronic persuasion don't wear helmets. The more we can influence/educate these people can only be a cause for the common good.
Clearly you are ignorent of the rise in c-spine injuries that piste patrollers have been dealing with since helmets have been worn more on-piste and have, staggeringly, failed to notice that neither patrollers nor instructors wear helmets in the main. Moronic, are they?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoat of the dead wrote:
flowa, that depends entiirely on the question it is asking. A survey doesn't have to explore all possibilities equally. Few are balanced.
Shame, isn't it? How much improved would this one be for just one or two extra questions? Don't interpret that as a criticism of the whole. Agreed, the wording and structure are well above average.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done. Nice & simple.

snowbandit wrote:
And that's a moronic view.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller wrote:

snowbandit wrote:
And that's a moronic view.

Yeah, comments like that do little for the pro-helmet camp.

The daft view is that "Helmets make people feel invincible" - it's pointless saying that it's the helmet which makes people feel like that - it's the fault of the pound of porridge-inna-skull beneath it. Anyone of holding the opinion that their helmet makes them invincible would be reckless regardless of their headwear.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Richard_Sideways, 'as any fule no' only wearing your brown nylon Y fronts with the yellow satin trim on the outside of your salopettes will make you invincible.
snow conditions
Done
snow report
Done
latest report
done
snow conditions
Done
snow report
Done
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy