Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the truth about skiier

Poster: A snowHead
Was shocked to find, while servicing the Missus' skis at the weekend, that these things aren't handed.

I'm stunned, even my site boots have a left and a right! Goodness knows, even her knickers are marked C&A but those planks can go on either foot! Just goes to show how crude they must be.

Worse still, having found a skier who was able to hold a conversation, I found out why skiers don't ever sit down on the slope. They can't get up again! They apparently just scrabble around like upside down like inverted woodlice!

So chuffed to know that I can tell which edge of my kit works for me, and can rest whenever (wherever) I want.

What ho chaps!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear.

Dear oh dear.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Strax, Yeah all 4 edges work on a ski not complicated
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
*AUDIBLE SIGH*
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always thought the reason boarders sit down on the slope (other than to be irritatingly in the way of course) is because they can't stand up! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
paulio, wot you said. rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No sigh here, I love banter.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rest - who needs it? Too busy skiing wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Strax,
Quote:
They apparently just scrabble around like upside down like inverted woodlice!

Dude, not cool to, like, write like you sort of, like, speak.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulio, where was you're guide to trolling again?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Upside down and inverted? Go for it dude, you gnarly boarder type?

Do you take your site hard hat with you as helmets are pretty un technical ?

Enjoy your trips!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Strax, you're not a real boarder are you? For starters you appear to have a woman. Secondly, you can almost spell and punctuate. Lastly, you remember C&A. Not a proper boarder.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strax, strange as it may seem skis often used to be handed but we have progressed from there I'm happy to say

As for being unable to get up, those of us who were taught correctly, learnt how to do this simple task very early on, we simply don't need to use it anywhere like as often as those on a single plank NehNeh
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Strax wrote:
even her knickers are marked C&A

invariably the difference is only important to the wife and not the hubby (a general comment you understand, lest offense be taken), serving only to prove that what's EXTREMELY important to some......

Laughing

great thread

sorry, SICK thread

word
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

even her knickers are marked C&A

C&A closed down 11 years ago - you should either
a/ pay the missus' underwear more attention
or b/ buy her some fresh.
ski holidays
barry wrote:
sorry, SICK thread

Just thought of something really obvious that also rhymes!!

Laughing
snow report
http://www.illicitsnowboarding.com/2011/11/snowboarding-vs-skiing-whos-winning.html
Note comment re clueless punters who've missed a decade. Laughing
ski holidays
Skiers don't need to sit down, there are plenty enough sitting down boarders to make us a good slalom course! NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
Strax, RIGHT ON BROTHER!
snow report
johnE wrote:
C&A closed down 11 years ago.

Nope - silly skier. There are plenty on the mainland including one, I'm pretty sure, in Monthey.
ski holidays
one in geneva and martigny too. Been past them both in the last week or so.

as for ski's not being "handed" I assume the OP means left and right sided....Whats your point, with the exception of the park pickle neither are snowboards?
snow conditions
Awesome. Would love to see that ski with 4 edges! Is it like square.

The point being that my board is sculpted on its working adges according to the direction of turn. I can even increase the tightness of the turn by flexing the board. But skiis are dead straight.

Its just wrong dude. (sic)

Next question:
A fat ugly skiier (lousy description I know..) has challenged me to a race down a mountain. What should I do?
1. Give it up: the laws of physics are on his side
2. Race him anyway: hell its better to see his back than hear his mindless drivvel
3. Shoot him (as Jezzer would advocate)
4. Actually race him

Any other suggestions?
snow report
Strax wrote:
Any other suggestions?

Yes. Pull up your trousers and cover up your frikkin' underwear Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Or sit down and enjoy the show!
ski holidays
4. Race and race dirty. Do what you can to cut corners and generally argy bargy your way to a win.
snow conditions
Agree to the race but stipulate that it must be off piste in the deepest powder available. He won't stand a chance, the laws of physics will be on your side. Very Happy
snow conditions
Strax, skis haven't been straight for 20 years, fool.

While we're at it that's skis and skier please - if you go on using vowels in that profligate fashion you won't have any left when you need them.
ski holidays
robapplegate wrote:
Agree to the race but stipulate that it must be off piste in the deepest powder available. He won't stand a chance, the laws of physics will be on your side. Very Happy

And stipulate that the finish line is in a bar somewhere across a carpark and up a flight of stairs - they may beat you to the edge of the snow but they have more kit to carry and you have boots you can run in.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Race ongoing. First to reach the bar buys the beers.

This could last for years...

" A Yorkshireman can be defined as a Scotsman with the generosity squeezed out him"
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
Strax, ... if you go on using vowels in that profligate fashion you won't have any left when you need them.

PMSL Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
Strax, skis haven't been straight for 20 years, fool.

While we're at it that's skis and skier please - if you go on using vowels in that profligate fashion you won't have any left when you need them.

Laughing Laughing punked Laughing

dont race him, racing is for skiers, if you've got the slightest inclination to enter such a competition i'd suggest your getting down the moutain on the wrong piece of kit rolling eyes
ski holidays
C&A ski clothing and dead straight skis... It must be 1982 all over again. Mind you if flares and Freddie Starr can make a comeback then perhaps they are back as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy