Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euro

Poster: A snowHead
If you are in London, these guys do some great rates. http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ringingmasteryep, that's where I go (if not to the souvenir shops that will often beat them by a point or two),
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ringingmaster, spot on - regularly queues down the road in Victoria
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thoma Sex Change Global......... interesting.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
His first name was John Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The one at Canon St is usually quiet. Also you get better rates if you book online.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Syx wrote:
If you've got the time, apply for a decent credit card - I use my Halifax Clarity and it works out much better than exchanging cash.

Halifax Clarity comes out on top on comparison web sites. I pre load mine, although the small print says you shouldn't. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NeddySkiGoon wrote:
Syx wrote:
If you've got the time, apply for a decent credit card - I use my Halifax Clarity and it works out much better than exchanging cash.

Halifax Clarity comes out on top on comparison web sites. I pre load mine, although the small print says you shouldn't. snowHead

Paying more than the outstanding balance on a CC (i.e. loading it up) is likely to trigger fraud/anti-money laundering flags at the CC provider.

FairFX are offering 1.236 for £1000 and above with free delivery. The Currency Club are at 1.228 for £500-£750 with free next day delivery. I've used both without any problems.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sterling is on the charge. Up to 1.27 euros and a 6 year high vs the yen (178) http://www.xe.com
Early speculation on the referendum result?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The London currency market is expected to be open all night and ready to react in the event of a Yes vote. Might be worth hedging bets and buying some today.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't think so.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Filthyphil30k,

Don't think what? That the currency market will be open all night? Or not worth hedging?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
would have thought Euro might track GBP a bit anyway. hedge in a 3rd currency.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bergmeister, sorry, hedging. We are waking up to the United Kingdom.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1.28 'soaring pound' according to the Mail and a two week high against the USD rolling eyes
snow conditions
boredsurfin, Hopefully it will soar to 1.40 - I can then send Gordon Brown a bill for all the extra he has cost me over the last 7 years.
snow report
Oooo, might have to buy some currency then. How does the collective SH mind think the inflated rate will last?
ski holidays
I think it will continue to drift upwards - 1.30 by Xmas. There is no good news on the French economy, mixed news on Germany, mostly bad news in Italy and a bit of good news in Spain - so the 4 biggest euro countries are not giving much hope to the currency markets. With the uncertainty over Scotland decided (from a currency POV) any positive news from the UK economy will be beneficial.
snow report
Just bought a few anyway as I'm off to Italy in a weeks time. Got an extra 60 (ish) compared to last time so thats dinner paid for by the scotts!
snow report
homers double, -that's a result- getting a Scot to pay for dinner! Very Happy
ski holidays
It's probably a first.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
1.28 'soaring pound' according to the Mail and a two week high against the USD rolling eyes

Last week it was plummeting!! They are idiots.
ski holidays
Still heading North:

No doubt it'll fall again just before the ski season Sad

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 25-09-14 13:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Will the government print more money to keep the £ down?
ski holidays
Is it feasible to print any more money? I thought they were printing so much already it would be hard to print enough more for anyone to notice.
snow report
I've just got 1.2565 from Fair FX and that's the highest I've had since I got the card in 2008. Very Happy
latest report
olderscot, I'm pretty sure the BoE haven't printed any for nearly two years now.
snow report
Maybe they will finally raise interest rates?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I'm pretty sure the BoE haven't printed any for nearly two years now.

It looks like you're right. I must admit I hadn't noticed they'd stopped.
snow report
snowymum wrote:
Maybe they will finally raise interest rates?

I doubt it.
snow report
Interest rate up would strengthen the pound.
snow conditions
blahblahblah, Yes you are right. Toofy Grin I read a headline on telegraph online about possible rises in interest rates but skim read it. Have now reread the article and it cites talk of interest rates rising contributing to a spike in the £.
ski holidays
Euro zone may start to print money soon (they have not done any so far) which will weaken the Euro further - which is what they want, or more importantly the Germans want
snow conditions
I got 1.2649 at the FX Firm last week. If only the rates were that high when I bought my ski flat!
snow report
Well, over 6 years ago that fountain of financial knowledge stanton assured us in this thread that sterling was finished. Smile In fact he was concerned in April 2009 that us Brits would find it difficult paying for a ski holiday the following season if the pound dropped to 50 or 60 Eurocents! Laughing And in October 2010 he confidently told us that now the Germans were in control in the front seat the Euro would get stronger and stronger.

I think stanton's financial forecasting record speaks for itself..... wink
latest report
just tx 5k at 1.278
latest report
A shameless plug for Transferwise which works well for me. With this link you'll get a free transfer:

https://transferwise.com/u/7af22

(And you'll earn me some money too Wink )
snow report
altis, Nooooo, use my link, I'm Brian and so's my wife https://transferwise.com/u/6a4cb
ski holidays
LOL, I actually got £50 from them last month as three people used my link Toofy Grin
ski holidays
altis wrote:
A shameless plug for Transferwise which works well for me. With this link you'll get a free transfer:

https://transferwise.com/u/7af22 ......

+1
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy