Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

footbeds in snowboard boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just got my first pair of snowboard boots Happy Can't wait to try them for real!

I have footbeds in my ski boots, can I/should I put them into my new boots? One of the shops told me they are made differently and if I wanted footbeds I'd need to pay for a new pair to be made.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have orthotics in my normal shoea nd runners and just slot them into my boots, does make a big difference, give them a try and see how you get on
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zebedee, I think it depends, if your boots fit well and feel comfortable why put footbeds in? Try them by all means. I think far too may threads on this site are highjacked by people who instantly cry 'visit a bootfitter or you'll never be able to ski/board at all' or "I fitted footbeds to my flip-flops and ran up mount Everest in them".
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see no reason why not, but only if they fit the boot and only if you need them in your snowboard boots.

I personally find snowboard boots much more comfy than ski boots, to start with.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rogg wrote:
zebedee, I think it depends, if your boots fit well and feel comfortable why put footbeds in? Try them by all means. I think far too may threads on this site are highjacked by people who instantly cry 'visit a bootfitter or you'll never be able to ski/board at all' or "I fitted footbeds to my flip-flops and ran up mount Everest in them".

Haha. True, and funny.

My ski boots are a full size too big. I know they are. It was a blunder when I bought them, so I put some off-the-peg cheapo beds in to try and reduce the volume a bit which helped very everso slightly but they still feel more like a welly than a ski boot. I never ever loosen them lunch for example, and just walk around in them fully tightened up no problem. Takes me a matter of seconds to get them on my feet as well, it's like stepping into a bucket.

I've resisted doing 100 EUR of business at a bootfitter on an 'if it ain't broke' basis. They're completely wrong flappy about boots, but I enjoy myself, so who cares.

And for this reason, they are FAR more comfortable than my properly sized snowboard boots Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sligthly different but my snowboard boots are a size up as i have super wide feet. Get quite a bit of heal lift which caused me problems until i found these guys http://www.stopheellift.com/

Im using the STL and the volume reducers and they have saved me buying new boots. Perfect fit now and dont have any heal lift what so ever....Defo worth a look if you have slightly large boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy