Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help find me the right skis....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

looking for some advice....

I'm thinking about replacing my Rossi radical 9x ti's 167cm (2008) which have been wonderful on piste for developing my carving technique, but been away this last week and really enjoyed some great snow in garmisch, particularly last 2 days, when i've been venturing off piste a lot more than I normally do. There was some fantastic fresh to be had, and had a bit of a lesson from a mate, and really came on a lot Very Happy , learned to relax a lot more and just flow, seems stupid but I'd always been tense when venturing off piste, as I guess my technique and mindset weren't right.

Not for one minute suggesting that two fab days have sorted me out, but I really want to try and develop off piste this year, and am looking for something that will still allow me to enjoy the pistes (I like a mix of fast wide carving and quicker, shorter turns when it gets steep), but will also allow me to make the most of my time off piste.

Here's the catch, I won't have a huge budget, need to sell my radicals first, so will be looking around £150 mark, maybe something 2-3 years old....

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks Neil.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A pair of Scott Missions, they carve well, good in bumps, love soft snow, BUT they are aimed at off rather than on so a compromise; but are able to thunder down Face de B if your tech is up to it holding well on the GS and slalom faces.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Salomon Tornado Ti
I know a few people that have tried these and love them. I hired a pair for the eosb last year and they were great on all conditions.

might be worth going up to 173

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews149384.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depending on your weight/height look at the Zag Big 84. Really effortless to ski. I have some 168s (which measure 169!) I have just bought some Slaps so might pass them on, not sure about it yet as it will be hard to see them go.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just bought a pair of atomic blackeyes for the same reason. Am a piste dweller usually but am interested more and more in the bits to the side and beyond. Not used the blackeyes yet but they look nice Smile.

Will post a review when I get chance to try them out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy