Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone familiar with Les Carroz ski resort as we're going there in three weeks' time? Taking a 4 year old to ski ( will be 5 in March and has completed a kindergarten course in Austria) but was wondering which ski school / course is better.

Also, any help on ski hire shops would be helpful. Is it necessary to book online where there seems to be a 50% discount or is there really no difference whether you book in advance or not.

Thanks for any help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Book hire online. For which shop depends on where you are staying. For ski school we used esf and it was good for my then five year old. They started on the free lifts at the bottom so no need to get lift pass for them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply - will look into some hire shops
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been as well - should be a review from me on here somewhere - would search for it if I was more sober NehNeh I do recommend pre-booking, two of us didn't and couldn't negotiate anyone down near the pre-book levels, we used two shops, both had reasonable equipment, let us use lockers/storage and were at the bottom of the DRAG, quick ride up in the morning then down to gondola. There was another one in 'centre' someone else used for board hire (again no probs) although none were that close to the gondola itself. Town isn't big I wouldn't worry too much about which one you end up using.

Didn't use ski school I'm afraid so no recommendations. Town isn't hugely lively but a small selection of bars and restaurants - enough to keep you happy for a week.

Have a great time Smile

aj xx
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For ski hire use jack at Zig Zag..... It the one at the bottom of the nursery slope in the village.

If you say i recommended you then he's sure to do you a deal on good kit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Carroz is one of my favourite places.
Try Les Airelles for an evening meal if you can get in.
It's at the bottom of the nursery slope near the gondola where, as someone else has said, there's a free drag for your four-year-old.
If you haven't been before, make sure you get over the top to Flaine and Samoens - lots of really nice skiing for all abilities.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I returned from a weeks skiing in Les Carroz, fantastic conditions. For ski hire I would recommend skimium shops (there are two in the village), see http://les-carroz.skimium.co.uk/.

Most of the staff speak English and skis and boots can be pre-ordered with good discounts (plus a group discount), thereby speeding up pick-up on the first day. We generally go to Skilimandjaro (its closer to the apartment) where Frederick always provides an excellent and friendly service.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy