Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Corbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from Le Corbier.

This is a small, functional resort, but part of a huge 310km linked ski area, les Sybelles. The skiing was fantastic. Le Corbier itself has a range of runs to suit all abilities, and links to futher challenging runs in St Sorlin and La Toussuire. Both have long, wide reds and blues. Although the runs nearest the villages can get busy, we were often skiing on nearly empty pistes. St Sorlin is a pretty village, and La Toussiure more functional.

The area links in with other smaller villages, including St Jean d'Arves (easy blues and green into the village) and Les Bottieres. The run (blue and red) into Les Bottieres is lovely, but beware! There is only one drag out, so it is the only lift we had to queue for all week. Then it broke down, so there was an hour's wait to get up the mountain. To make matters worse, the restaurant at the foot of the slopes could not cope with the volume of traffic the delay caused!

We stayed at Le Mont Corbier hotel, with Rocket Ski. It is actually one of the prettier hotels in the resort. It is well placed a short walk from the lifts and it is possible to ski back with a little off piste! The hotel staff were fantastic! Nothing was too much trouble, with the manager, Thierry, running a very tight ship! The food was brilliant for meat eaters and herbivores alike. Much better than either of the other Rocket hotels we have stayed in. A carafe of house wine was only 8 euros. Bargain!

Most of the village is taken up with a long series of interlinked buildings, housing aprtments and hotels. The slope side of these buildings has a series of bars and restaurants, but hidden within is a long shopping mall. There is also an outdoor (!) pool, with sauna and jacuzzis, which is well worth a visit at the end of the day, or even the evening.

The restaurant to avoid on chef's night off is La Fontaine, run by a very rude Dutchman. It was a shame, as the food was ok, although it does not cater for veggies, unless you are prepared to eat bread and cheese!

All in all I would not hesitate to return to Le Corbier. Apart from Le Mont Corbier, I don't think that there were any other Brits in resort. We were very lucky with the weather, but this is a great resort if you love skiing!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ktk, Nice, I went to St Sorlin in 2006 & 7, shall return to the area again one day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ktk, Schools Abroad used to go there - I went there in the mid 80s with a college trip and stayed in one of the high rise apartments. Ugly, but SISO and the views from the room across the valley were pretty special IIRC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for posting - we are heading to St Jean for half term... Not quite finished this trip yet but the 6 week count down starts as soon as we land in London tomorrow!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went to Le Corbier this time last year and the sheer ugliness of the resort really did hit home for me, the snow was terrible, but I agree the skiing is good, or would have been had there been snow.

I stayed at Mont Corbier too and it was pretty good for a hotel run by a UK tour operator.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It really isn't that ugly in the snow! New staff at Le Mont Corbier this year, except for Thierry. Jamie, the Ski Plan rep is excellent. Get him to take you out skiing if you get the chance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were at the Mont Corbier for Christmas 2011, so probably there at the same time as you ktk! I agree, fabulous place. It was our second visit to the hotel, and our 6th trip to the Sybelles area, having stayed in St Sorlin in the past. Just don't spread the word about the great skiing - we want to keep the pistes empty!! We have 2 or 3 trips each year, and have skied all over - big and small resorts, yet we keep returning to the Sybelles. What a great place - we'll be heading back just as soon as we can...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy