Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte neige in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there an equivalent to the carte neige in Austria, alternatively is French CN valid in Austria.
Thanks
E
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@enigma, where specifically? Apparently there is in some regions but not in the ski amade. Just get decent travel insurance
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Join the Austrian Alpine Club (there is a UK section), membership includes rescue insurance. Some resorts eg Arlberg, do have a rescue option but it is not as good as the Alpine Club.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saalbach circus. Thanks for replies so far
E
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://aacuk.org.uk/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saalbach circus. Thanks for replies so far
E
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rather old thread on same subject -- may be out of date !

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1933565&highlight=#1933565
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Join the Austrian Alpine Club (there is a UK section), membership includes rescue insurance. Some resorts eg Arlberg, do have a rescue option but it is not as good as the Alpine Club.

We found the Knox extension to the AAC insurance very useful last season for extending the length and amount of cover at a very competitive price. Worth pointing out also that the AAC insurance covers not just Austria, but the whole of Europe.

@enigma, What's all this about
Quote:

Saalbach circus

??

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 14-07-19 1:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m staying near Saalbach and I couldn’t remember the name of the area just that it’s logo is a clowns head and I thought the word circus was in the title.
Incidentally did you get my pm or email asking for a copy of your guide to the area, my first time in Austria.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looked it up Skicircus
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@enigma, Sorry, I missed the fact that you'd been asked specifically where.
Quote:

Incidentally did you get my pm or email asking for a copy of your guide to the area, my first time in Austria.

No, I don't seem to have received anything. Can you P.M. me again, with your email address?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munich_irish, From personal experience, the Arlberg card is second to none and well worth the money if skiing there. I was helied off after being stabilised and everything was covered. Not a cent to pay for anything including a six week stay in hospital.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Man Of Lech, as far as I am aware the Arlberg card only covers recovery from pistes (inc the ski routes) but might be wrong (I did look to see if it was worth paying for but decided that the Alpenverein insurance provided better cover). The AAC option covers rescue worldwide for pretty much any outdoor activity inc off piste skiing of any description, plus basic medical and liability insurance (important in a Germanic legal environment, if you are involved in a collision it is likely that the other party, or their insurers, will want to try to recover costs from you). It is provided by an Austrian insurance company and lots of folk skiing will have it so should be no issue with sorting costs directly with the helicopter company etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy