Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Norweigian resort - possibly Voss?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you had skied Voss, or resorts in Norway near Oslo, and could ley me know what you think. We skiied Hemsedal a few years ago and enjoyed it.

We have friends in Norway so plan to spend a week with them skiing some smaller resorts (Sauda and Roldal) and doing some cross country.

We'd like to also spend a week in a larger resort too. We' be closer to Voss, but would be changing planes in Oslo, so either would be conveinient.

We'd be looking for:
-several greens, blues and reds, ideally with a few longer runs. We don't mind doing the same runs several times, but would need enough to keep us amused for 5 days or so (Passo Tonale and Hemsedal have both been big enough for us)
-A reasonable number of chair lifts or other non-drag lifts to give the legs a break
- slopeside accommodation
- a decent ski school for a few private lessons (including telemark)
- lack of crowds and queues
- ideally somewhere to get a decent lunch and apres drink (but I appreciate this is Norway)

If you have any experiences to share I'd appreciate them.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-12-11 15:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
janeed, Freeheelskier seems to know Norway well being a native, if he doesn't respond on here drop him a PM. I think in Hemsedal you've probably sampled the best of what Norway has to offer for what you want i.e. pisted runs.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
janeed, Hi,, as Grizwald, say I know Norway and rest of scandinavia well, Voss is a gambling, near the sea, very often rain even on higher slopes, not many days its possible to ski all the vertical drop, but if you are lucky with the weather, Voss is great, but Hemsedal is outstanding as a skiresort, possible to ski all the vertical drop (860m) from end of december to end of april, also Hafjell a little north of Lillehammer should keep you busy 5 days,,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've skied a few resorts in Norway and would definitely agree with Freeheelskier.

Voss can be mighty cold, windblown, and damn awful at worst! Hafjell I quite like it has limited mileage though. Geilo is also worth a few days.
Ja, jeg elsker Norge, (yup, I love Norway), and I great memories of some good skiing there. However, the operative word is "limited". No wine/beer/spirits on the mountains.

Ha det bra! Vi snakkers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice, I'm reconsidering Voss if the weather is unpredictable.

Hafjell does look good, but Trysil seems to have more options if we skied that area. Do you know how the two compare?

We had a great time in Hemsedal (And a really good rep called Bob, I wonder if this is Skibob?) but would like to see somewhere new.

thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jeg agso snakker norsk
Sosteren min kommer fra tonsberg

I love hemsedal but another alternative is norefjell.

God nyt ar.
Bob fra Scotland
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
janeed, Trysil is a nice familyplace, How to compare, the two are familyresorts, but it whould proberly be more easy to get to Hafjell from Oslo, if you drive, better road, near the same distance around 200km but it takes atleast 30 min longer time to drive to Trysil from Oslo,, And with bus its more easy to go to Hafjell, but I will anyway suggest Trysil, nicer village, with some nice resturants and pubs,, glasgowcyclops,your advice about Norefjell, Highest verticaldrop in Scandinavia, but boring skiing, very flat on the higher part with draglifts, only 100km from Oslo, but when I go to see familymember in Oslo and only have one day to ski I prefere to ski Kongsberg 82 km from Oslo, but to give you better advice where to go near Oslo it whould be fine to know which airport you fly back home from,,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I spoke to my sister yesterday and kongsberg has nothing just now
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glasgowcyclops, Kongsberg had today only the black pist "expert" closed, everything else is open, 60 cm snow at base, for crosscountry there is 30cm of snow in the tracks, and I was not suggest Kongsberg for janeed, Just to say Kongsberg is better than Norefjell,,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For the record, we chose Trysil (janeed is my other half). Reasons:

* pretty easy to get there (bus from Oslo airport)
* plenty of runs
* good quality of accommodation, Ski in Ski out.

We nearly went for Hafjell but decided against it because:
* once you take out the ungroomed "skiroads" from the piste map (which are only there to connect accommodation to the slopes) it doesn't look so impressive
* being able to get to Kvitfjell on the train would have been nice, but we fancied staying in one area since we'd have the chance to swap between smaller mountains when we meet our friends later on.
* Accommodation didn't seem as nice, and was difficult to compare and book.

Maybe that helps someone out there!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy