Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lockers at Grindelwald

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am looking at going to Grindelwald/Jungfrau for the day soon and would be going by train. Was wondering whether anyone knows of any lockers at Grindelwald station to put the ski bag etc in for the day whilst skiing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't be surprised if there were some at the station, there are certainly a bunch at Wengen station, pretty certain there are some at Lauterbrunnen as well
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi ernie, another islander !!

If its any help there are lockers at Lauterbunnen station, i suggest you email them to confirm elsewhere- info@jungfrau.ch
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was pretty certain there were some at Grindelwald (almost every Swiss station has a few) but I found a pic which shows them http://www.flickr.com/photos/i_fantastici_4/5490936743/lightbox/ you will see them just behind the blue car not many of them though, Wengen has a load of them, including if I recall correctly an upstairs room with even more of them where one can change in the warm if you need to, not sure why they have so many at Wengen, may simply be that they had the extra space when the constructed the new station buildings, if going by train I'd be tempted to go via Wengen rather than Grindelwald, get off at Wengen and kit up then take the cablecar up the Mannlichen from the center of the village 100M ish from the station, and gradually make your way arround the slopes from Mannlichen over to Kleine Scheidegg, maybe Eigergletscher, the Lauberhorn and eventually ski back down to Wengen, where dependant on snow you can almost ski back to the station, At Grindelwald you'd need to change trains anyway and either go down to Grund and then up to Kleine Scheidegg (or walk from the Grund railway station to the Mannlichen gondola) or get the bus from Grindelwald station up to the First gondola.

For a days skiing the Middle ridge with Mannlichen, Lauberhorn and Eigergletscher should keep you happy, reasonable range of skiing there (mainly intermediate plus several long easy runs and a couple of black runs) with plenty of long runs if you want them and shorter runs if thats what you prefer
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are lockers at the Grindelwald Station. If they are full, I am pretty sure that you can check your bag in the station. If you want to take the next train to Kleine Scheidegg, you will have to be quick....you will be better off waiting for the train after that. You will have about 40 minutes. This is good because if it is a busy day, getting on the morning train to Kleine Scheidegg can be like getting on a Tokyo subway. Lots of pushing. But this is only on holiday weeks and weekends. I hope that doesn't dissuade you from Grindelwald. We ski there every year and like the access to the variety of slopes. The scenery is unbelievable. If you decide to ski the First side, the cable car is a 5 minute walk from the station....or you can hop on a bus right by the train station. Also, here are lockers at the top of First. Hope this helps and that you have a great time!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy