Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carre neige

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
I've never used Carre/Carte neige before, always had my own policy, but looking at my policy, it covers me for offpiste if I'm with an instructor but not if its just a bunch of mates.
My travel policy is with the house insurance, so I thought of buying an additional policy that covers me fully offpiste at about £80.
Carre Neige at about 23euro for up to 31 days, seems better value as a policy to get my broken body from on or off piste regardless of who I am with, to a place of repair or disposal. where my existing policy covers the bits Carre Neige does not.

Am I missing something?????? my eyes have gone square looking through the net.

Off to Val Tho' on 6th Jan for UCPA offpiste instruction week, can't wait!!!.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tangowaggon, I always get it on the basis that I'd rather not argue about whether my insurance would cover me or not when I need bringing down.

However would your own insurance still cover you for medical treatment or repatriation if you were off piste without an instructor? I guess they wouldn't.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

would your own insurance still cover you for medical treatment or repatriation if you were off piste without an instructor?

No. If it says it won't cover you off piste then it means it. The lift ticket insurance will eventually reimburse any medical cost not covered by the NHS, but it takes a long time and you have to pay out in the meantime.

Your best bet is to get UK travel insurance which covers you for the sort of off piste skiing you want to do.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tangowaggon, look at SCGB and BMC insurances. Not cheap, though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have seen this Carte Neige thing mentioned before - is it an insurance to get you off the mountain only. I always thought the "blood wagon" was covered in the lift ticket price.

What cost and who pays for a helicopter lift off /
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.carreneige.com/

Quote:

I always thought the "blood wagon" was covered in the lift ticket price.

Not in France - Carré Neige is insurance sold with lift tickets in some French resorts.

Quote:

What cost

Depends where you are.

Quote:

who pays for a helicopter

You. Or your insurer, if you've taken out insurance cover.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you, or your insurer, will also pay for the blood wagon. You might find a handy price list posted up near where you buy your lift pass. From a nice blue piste near the front de neige it'll only cost you a few hundred euros..... Twisted Evil

But it all depends. when I broke a binding a few years ago and was patently incapable of skiing all the way back home on one ski I got a fun ride on a skidoo, for some miles, and for no dosh.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, Thanks for that info. Is it only France as I am not going there
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Resorts in other European countris sell similar insurance if you want it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, The cost of my bloodwagon the other day from post 9 on Bellette to Peisey Vallandry cabinet medical was 470euros. Thanks Carte Neige Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
genepi, Did you have to pay it and then claim or does showing a carre neige receipt cover it?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, I didn't pay a penny. They took details & it will doubtless be sorted. You have to make an online declaration, or submit paperwork within 5 days of accident though to get skipass reimbursed Shocked . It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for money to reach my account
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Front neige petits soins accompagnement
scooter/heure 37.00
Zone rapprochée 77.00
Zone éloignée 236.00
Hors piste proximité 416.00
Tarif horaire machine 205.00
Secouriste jour/h 38.00
Secouriste nuit/h 57.00
Ski de fond proximité 236.00
Ski de fond éloigné 416.00

Ambulances privées Altitude ou Assistance 05 TTC en €
* bas de piste vers cabinet médical La Salle les Alpes
en semaine 120.00
* bas des pistes vers cabinet médical La Salle les Alpes
les week-end et jours fériés 175.00
* bas de pistes vers cabinet médical de Chantemerle en
semaine 125.00
* bas de piste vers cabinet médical de Chantemerle les
week-end et jours fériés 185.00
* bas de piste vers le Centre hospitalier de Briançon en
semaine 130.00
* bas de piste vers le Centre hospitalier de Briançon les
week-end et jours fériés 190.00

si médicalisation SMUR pour toutes ambulances
SDISS (pompiers) pour l’année 2011/2012 213.00
Hélicoptère SAF (la minute de vol) 51.18/la minute

Basically, prices above are the costs of piste rescue and ambulance transfer in Monetier-les-Bains (taken from the minutes of a recent council meeting). Anyone contemplating not being insured is a fool or very rich. You are looking at well over 700€ for a rescue and subsequent transfer to the cabinet medical or hospital. Not the cost per minute of the helicopter for example.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy